Can’t wet shave is an electric worth it ?

I think nurses are in short supply at the minute, never mind hot ones!
louise-fletcher-nurse-ratched-1975-film.jpg

I bought a Braun series 5 electric shaver a couple of years ago, which I use occasionally when short of time. Compared to a wet shave, if you are happy with the end result still feeling like a half day's growth (looks not bad, but feels rough) then they're fine. If you have a fairly light growth then an electric may be OK, but it never approaches even a poor shave with a wet razor IMHO.
I think that whichever electric shaver you purchase you use it daily for at least a couple of weeks to allow time for your face and beard to become accustomed to the shaver. Also, you should shave dry first thing before washing your face or showering. Electric shavers work best cutting short hairs therefore shave daily as it shouldn’t take more than five or six minutes. You will probably have to make several passes in two directions to get a close shave using light to moderate pressure. Most of the shavers are waterproof and can be used wet with shaving soap. I use my Braun series 7 dry because it’s faster and I get a great shave with about a ten-second cleanup.

I've never used a foil shaver but a lot of barbers rate those Andis ones really highly for when they do the skin fades, not sure how they'd perform for a facial shave

I do have rotary electric shavers,
one two headed phillips my father in law got me years ago, it's battery operated and I've never changed the round blades in it since I've owned it for the last ten plus years and it's still going strong

I did get a three headed phillips rotary electric shaver which I used on my head but it broke so threw it away

At the moment I got one of those four headed electric rotary shavers cheap from Amazon, it's actually really good, seems to be a knock off of the pitbull style head shaver

Also good thing about these new style shavers is they come with multiple heads so like a nose hair trimmer attachment, facial brush attachment etc etc

It's not bad for what it is and I got it for like a tenner, so can't go wrong,
obviously goes without saying can't beat a razor though

This a link to the one I got to give you an idea

Back
Top Bottom