Can you identify my 4 razors - I've forgotten what they are LOL

I grew a beard 1st week of lockdown, and just shaved it off today. However, one side effect of not having used my razors for so long, I have literally forgotten what they are! I have another 10 or so which I can identify (hard to forget a FatBoy!), but these last 4 have me stumped, can anyone help an old man regain his memory? (wouldn't rely too much on the handles as I tend to swap them). :D

numbered razors.jpg

No1

1 razor.jpg

No.2

2 razor.jpg

No.3

3 razor.jpg

No.4

4 razor.jpg

Many thanks Paul, hopefully, No.1 will come to you eventually LOL I have to admit, that Merkur 37c 'slant' is absolutely one of my favorites! I remember it took a bit getting use to when I got it years ago, but it's a joy to use...

Many thanks Paul, hopefully, No.1 will come to you eventually LOL I have to admit, that Merkur 37c 'slant' is absolutely one of my favorites! I remember it took a bit getting use to when I got it years ago, but it's a joy to use...
I let mine (of that vintage) go and with coming back to DE shaving about a year ago, I picked up a new one ... and was disappointed with just how mild it was! Surely something was wrong there, or I'd just got used to the aggression of 1912s. Nope! They've redesigned it. The post-2015? design is indeed substantially milder. Luckily, RazoRock's German Slant is pretty much a straight copy of the older Merkur head and so has that aggression that I was looking for.

Older:
ACtC-3e5EbY9483S8r-Ltf0lQlw0JKPvO8OtFHt75SWB4nZ38U_AO83_oTMJciq3YIeHnk1Ag9xZA4a0FdcKhr0TYJFLMWIvva8MOtrbBL0NzP4NEYtmHoQM-sbD4bI1Yt5sac9Cq0V-g4eDDw55oRlqqNFCWA=w800

Newer:
ACtC-3deiRrRK30J8I5v1-PGDBEMxNNtFviPwrpJsAGces8iTD5_LcCNXZS6-v0-tWe58O-ZAe3YDs_9ir5AhQU0PJd0X43XYHJg6rYzIcZc29g_yXx5miEBc-vXDVRo6M3envfunKo9vBOV6nhQ3fbbOztpBw=w800

I am certain I happened upon your No.1 while researching what stainless steel razors are out there. Again, it will come to me ...

You've jogged my memory on a couple of things. The first being a redesign of a razor to make it milder. I have 2 x versions of the R41, the original 2011 version (a real beast) and a dumbed down version (2013) which is barely OK. The stainless steel comment, from memory, I think I bought a razor from Maggards (USA) web site years ago, I wonder if No.1 is one of theirs?

That so does not ring a bell LOL :D
I think theirs was an all brass version, while Maggard's appears plated. Fendrihan might well have done a number of materials ... and possibly sold via Maggards. Maggards cite 2015 as the release date, which puts us in the right ballpark I think. Yours looks plated, and it does look like the plate that Maggards are claiming as proprietary.

I'd say Maggards ...

I definitely did buy a Maggards razor a few years back, and can't identify one in the other razors I have, I also remember 'wanting' a stainless steel head, though don't know why now LOL OK, answer now accepted, it's a Maggards! Thanks Paul...

Back
Top Bottom