Can anyone ID this please?

59D45923-504B-4E89-AB61-B6EC2FF1F9D7.jpeg

Good evening gents

As anyone came across this before? I had a meeting this week with some gents from the Middle East and one of them noted that I was wearing Tom Ford Oud Wood (it was a clone). We then talked about Oud and Middle Eastern scents in general.
As well as other identifiable attirs, one of the gents gifted me this. It’s a thick oil, lovely scent which I really can’t describe and very long lasting.

It would be nice to put a name to it if anyone as seen it before @pjgh maybe?

The Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch captured from the Crusaders?

Oils come in much larger vessels and are decanted. This little vial is likely just that ... a vial for a decant. I've not seen that particular vial before and can't identify it as any specific brand or perfume house.
Thanks for that, I thought it maybe a decant. It’s nice nonetheless. Here’s another that I received, have you tried this one?

3D75727C-D143-4048-BA86-37DA880AFFEA.jpeg

Thanks for that, I thought it maybe a decant. It’s nice nonetheless. Here’s another that I received, have you tried this one?

View attachment 84437
I have sampled that one out of interest ... it's a White Musk, generally creamy sorta like cream soda but also floral. I get the impression that Hamil al Musk is a click below, say Ajmal but definitely a click above Al Rehab or Al Haramain.

It tends to be marketed for women - their own website is a little more ... erm, graphic? https://hamilalmusk-uae.com/product/detail/musk-al-tahara/200

I have sampled that one out of interest ... it's a White Musk, generally creamy sorta like cream soda but also floral. I get the impression that Hamil al Musk is a click below, say Ajmal but definitely a click above Al Rehab or Al Haramain.

It tends to be marketed for women - their own website is a little more ... erm, graphic? https://hamilalmusk-uae.com/product/detail/musk-al-tahara/200
Yes I can see that it could be. It reminds me of fresh cotton sheets

It could happily be used to soften another oil, or lend a romantic side to another favourite oil.

When I was first exposed to these oil, some of them were literally undecipherable to my western nose as I had absolutely no starting point to understand many of the scents. While there are (now) many western frag houses delivering these eastern scent combinations, their delivery is still entirely different to middle eastern oils. It's the oil that makes the scent and permits the individual notes to release in an entirely different manner to western (alcohol) frags. In many respects, any given oil can be quite different a second or third time ... and romantically, I see that as a sort of evocation of sand dunes. Ever changing, ever shifting. More so when oils are put on day after day, sometimes a note from a day or so before becomes a living memory within that later scent.

It's addictive once you start to look into these oils ...

One that I still think is such a way out there scent (for westerners) is Majmoua. It's just wonderfully puzzling to western noses. To be frank, I recognised the signature note from many years ago when I used to enjoy a Paan liquere with coffee after a more high brow Indian meal < not a "good old mucky Bradford curry". Jannatul Firdous remains a clear favourite of the classic blends, which I find to be very much akin to powerhouse fougere frags. Think Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar or even Puig Quorum. Green, fresh and soapy; also dark and musty.

Back
Top Bottom