Brut

Brut. One of the cheapest aftershaves I could find. This is not going to be a technical review talking about high notes, medium notes and low notes because quite frankly I have no idea what high medium and low notes are. My descriptions of scent are limited to nice, not nice, strength and how long it lasts. Here goes.

It has a very strong scent which lasts for a long time. I quite like it but I have smelt better. Compared to Old Spice (The only thing I can compare it to) it is much stronger and lasts a lot longer. I think I prefer the smell of Old Spice Whitewater though. The Old Spice original scent seems to have changed.
Oh, and my wife doesn't appear to be allergic to the smell.

I've got some of this stuff. I actually really like it. The scent is great, just understated and not offensive in any way, much like Old Spice is.

The scent lasts a while, but what does it for me is the skincare is actually very, very good for the price. You can feel there's something in there other than alcohol and perfume. I think it has Glycerine and Castor Oil too, which seem to condition the skin nicely.

Really, a very underrated product, and available everywhere for next to nothing!

John

jhclare said:
The scent is great, just understated and not offensive in any way, much like Old Spice is.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You and Flatfish should have a Brut get together and splash it all over, now that would be offensive.

we all know that the new Old Spice is different but i think the Brut of yester-year smelled even stronger and lasted longer than the stuff available now

Claire and Flatfish having a "workout" together
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-4Gbqyni4[/youtube]

and then a BBQ
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS3J79-eCVs[/youtube]

Actually I just used it today, so it's present as I type this.
It's sweet and leathery and it lasts long. It might not amuse everyone, so be advised that the wife might doesn't like it.
It's an old time classic, a true drugstore scent, so if you're into experimenting different scents, you might try this as this is somewhat cheap.

"Amuse" is an interesting use of the word, glad your in Porto my friend.

Actually modern day Brut AS really isn't too bad, too sweet for me personally but don't splash it all over. No one will be amused.

I remember when I used to use Brut, about the same time as the Henry Cooper adverts. With the amount they told you too splash on you could stun a donkey at 20 paces............. :lol: :lol: ............."Splash it all over"............

Back
Top Bottom