Brushless travel cream suggestions?

Hi everyone

I travel a lot for business and I'm still looking for a cream/gel/oil that performs acceptably without a brush and preferably in a smaller tube/tub - 100ml or less, hand luggage friendly. Oh and it's for use with a cart razor.

I do have a small travel brush but I really try to economise on my space.

So, any thoughts or tips?

Andrew

Andrew1001 said:
Hi everyone

I travel a lot for business and I'm still looking for a cream/gel/oil that performs acceptably without a brush and preferably in a smaller tube/tub - 100ml or less, hand luggage friendly. Oh and it's for use with a cart razor.

I do have a small travel brush but I really try to economise on my space.

So, any thoughts or tips?

Andrew

See here:
http://www.beautyatcreightons.co.uk/product/the-real-shaving-company-classic-shaving-gel-travel-size/

Or just go down to a fairly big Boots:

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Freshwood-Brushless-Shave-Cream_1401952/

Andrew1001 said:
Thanks for the suggestions! Have you tried them? Any thoughts on performance?

Yes, did try both.

The Gel is nice, a bit like the King of Shaves gel so nothing special, but the Boots one is really excellent, it is thick and does a good prep job every time, and smells very good to boot, a while since I used it so hopefully the marketing dept' didn't reformulatde it.

This is the forum that keeps on giving. Thanks chaps! I'm getting organised for my next trip to Kenya so let's see how it goes. Shavesecret and Liz Earle are on their way to me now.

I've had luck with Lush Dirty shave cream, it's not thick but lubricates well and doesn't need a brush. Smells nice too. Not cheap at £5.50 for 100ml but it is nice.

If you have a brush have you considered a Shave Stick? .50p for stick of Palmolive, or spend a bit more if you fancy it. Nice and easy to transport and at .50p a throw you can even leave it behind...

So a quick update. To recap, I was looking for a brushless shaving cream/oil etc for use with a gillette cartridge when travelling, preferably under 100ml to make it hand luggage friendly.

I gave the Liz Earle and ShaveSecret a go, plus. Recommendation from elsewhere: Musgo Real. The first two performed quite well as brushless options, but I felt the oil left a slick on my face which I am not sure about. The Liz Earle smells nice and botanical, but tingled a little. The Musgo was the best though. It cushioned well and helped with a closer shave that the other two options I tried. Highly recommended!!

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom