Brushes Restored: Mutt and Jeff

Planned Shave for 8 July 2014. It is Jeff's turn again!

14403973817_e552b26c71_c.jpg

Great photos as always. But a question. You add the words "All rights reserved" message to all your photos. Forgive my ignorance but what are the consequences of that - worldwide? If I right click I can do what I like with one of your photos. I don't of course because I respect the messages. But what consequences follow for those that don't?

Fido said:
Great photos as always. But a question. You add the words "All rights reserved" message to all your photos. Forgive my ignorance but what are the consequences of that - worldwide? If I right click I can do what I like with one of your photos. I don't of course because I respect the messages. But what consequences follow for those that don't?

Well that basically provides copyright protection for my photos. It is a legal world wide and if someone takes my photo and uses it without my permission I can contact that person and demand that they stop using it. It gives me the right to choose where the photo is used and where it is not used.

Fido said:
Are the words all that is needed or did you have to register something somewhere?

Basically the Copyright Symbol Year and Name of Right Holder on the photo is sufficient per the Berne Convention and the information is shown here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

Now many people including myself use a Flickr account or other photo sharing account.
Flickr will not place the words on the account, but you can select how their database marks the picture. Mine are marked as copyrighted which is the default setting I believe for that site.

You have to put the words on yourself and that simply serves as a visual reminder that it is your work. If you find it in places where you have not given permission you can request it be taken off (down).

The reason why I started doing it was a friend told me that his photos were being used without his permission and he started doing it, not eliminate the problem, but to slow it down. He recommended that I start doing the copyright as well to maintain some level of creative control over my work.

When you place your photos on a site (with the copyright) you basically allow the site to use the photo in the context in which you placed it. Example: Someone responds to your photo in a reply and it gets copied in the reply then that is fair use of the photo.

I hope this provides some insight into the subject.

GDCarrington said:
Fido said:
Are the words all that is needed or did you have to register something somewhere?

Basically the Copyright Symbol Year and Name of Right Holder on the photo is sufficient per the Berne Convention and the information is shown here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

Now many people including myself use a Flickr account or other photo sharing account.
Flickr will not place the words on the account, but you can select how their database marks the picture. Mine are marked as copyrighted which is the default setting I believe for that site.

You have to put the words on yourself and that simply serves as a visual reminder that it is your work. If you find it in places where you have not given permission you can request it be taken off (down).

The reason why I started doing it was a friend told me that his photos were being used without his permission and he started doing it, not eliminate the problem, but to slow it down. He recommended that I start doing the copyright as well to maintain some level of creative control over my work.

When you place your photos on a site (with the copyright) you basically allow the site to use the photo in the context in which you placed it. Example: Someone responds to your photo in a reply and it gets copied in the reply then that is fair use of the photo.

I hope this provides some insight into the subject.

Much appreciated!

Compared with most two band brushes both of these have relatively high lofts. I think those higher lofts should work really well with the stiffer hair. I have a 22mm two band with a 58mm loft I made for my own use. It bloomed yet retained sufficient backbone to be a delight to use. Are either or both brushes used for face lathering?

Fido said:
Compared with most two band brushes both of these have relatively high lofts. I think those higher lofts should work really well with the stiffer hair. I have a 22mm two band with a 58mm loft I made for my own use. It bloomed yet retained sufficient backbone to be a delight to use. Are either or both brushes used for face lathering?

They work well both with bowl and for face lathering. That is why I like two bands because they allow for a higher loft and still retain the backbone to be able to switch modes easily.

More of Mutt with a planned shave for 12 July 2014...

14445415867_d7192283b7_c.jpg

"They work well both with bowl and for face lathering. That is why I like two bands because they allow for a higher loft and still retain the backbone to be able to switch modes easily."

I agree with you. And it's why although I will continue to respond to preferences for short lofts I will provide some higher loft options.

Back
Top Bottom