British Wilkies?

I use two Made in England razors,British made soaps/creams and a New Forest 2204 brush. I would like some British Wilkies.Are these British?
If not please advise what to look out for with the packaging.Cheers
[attachment=10262]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-04-21 at 15.45.07.png
    Screenshot 2014-04-21 at 15.45.07.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 46
I think the ones in your photo are "Made in England" wilkies.
I think that diagonal stripe is a key factor.
Here's a link to some UK wilkies for sale on the bay. Note the diagonal stripe on the blades in the photos.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350960723997

Mr_Smartepants said:
I think that diagonal stripe is a key factor.

I believe the position of the number is also a key identifier. When the number is positioned over the writing it is a GB Wilkie. I recall some other threads discussing this.

Cheers,

Jon

I quite like Wilkies, I've not found any that are bad at all, have people found there to be a big difference in their performance based on origin? How confident are people that the packaging verifies the origin, wouldn't there be some cross over, and would it really make economical sense to have two factories producing blades for the same country, wouldn't it be cheaper to ship than to duplicate production?

I finally used one of the 'Made in England' Wilkies.I found they gave a very smooth,comfortable and safe shave.Some blades you use with a bit of trepidation,not these.Slot it in,use without thinking,no bites or nicks.Reminded me of the green Astra's but better.The hunt is on for some more:icon_razz:

Got back to shaving, using Wilkinson Sword which i used in the 70`s . Have found that i nick myself when trying to get a final pass. Not so forgiving as other blades i have tried do not think I will persevere beyond the pack in use.
As everyone seems to agree, try a few different blades to see what suits. I quite like Lab Blues, but Polsilver really work for me.

Back
Top Bottom