British Made GEM

Well just given it a test run......it's well 1912 brilliant! My shaves have been about 5% off of late, took my time with this beauty, lots of alum on fingers and face altering stretching....the result.....shaves back to 100% I love 1912s!!!!! :)

It was a GEM ... but not a razor. I got it!

$_57.JPG

Look at the back of the box. GEM ... Made in England.

Now, the razor itself is ... I suspect a British Ever Ready with a blank back. I've got a couple of these, but if it turns out to be a GEM with a blank back, I've got another interesting razor. If it turns out to be a British Made GEM with a blank back, I've got something very special.

It was the box I was after to put my GEM razor into.

Pretty neat, eh?

Moral of the story? Always inspect every item closely - it's the detail with these razors which makes the score.

Nice find there Sir! Very interesting! How on earth did you spot that? How will you be able to find out if it's a GEM with no name?

I may have just found a "Made in England" GEM bathroom set.....watch this space!

Well, when it arrives I'll be able to inspect the razor to my heart's content ... meanwhile, I have a GEM Made in England and now a box.

Spotting is detail. Inspect, inspect, inspect. eBay does close-ups. You have to be VERY interested, which I am :D

Your Bathroom Set sounds intriguing! What a catch! I must see some pictures ...

This is what is so cool about razor collecting ...

Find something interesting, run with it, get others interested and before you know it you've unearthed a wealth of otherwise unknown artefacts.

Back
Top Bottom