Bowl question

So..I know there are metal tins available for those who travel with their soaps..I thought about melting a soap in one of them...but was also thinking..maybe the tin "metals" might rub off and could change they way the soap would smell/feel..thoughts?

B

Attachments

• tin.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 126
I can't see why if it is stainless steel. L'Occitane do a metal soap bowl and many plastic soap containers have metal lids. Just be careful when selecting your bowl.

Yeah as Pigcat says the L'Occitane Cade bowl is stainless, very nice it is too. And there's no problems with the lather from that, it's one of the best going, IMO.

Travelling wise you can't beat a small tube of cream, but I gather you're not keen on creams.

NIce! Trendy.
I never bother melting a soap I just press it in with the bottom of a sturdy tumbler and a tea towel (in case glass breaks!)
Some soaps I have been told do not like being re melted?
Cheers,
Tim

Slick said:
NIce! Trendy.
I never bother melting a soap I just press it in with the bottom of a sturdy tumbler and a tea towel (in case glass breaks!)
Some soaps I have been told do not like being re melted?
Cheers,
Tim

Some soaps are just too hard to press in to a bowl. They either need grating first or (if possible) melting down and pouring in. Examples of melty soaps are Mama Bear and Sunbury's Barbershop to name but two.

Back
Top Bottom