Boots Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream

We seem to have reviews for the soap and the balm, so another one in their range (just the aftershave to go):

Boots offer a range of Freshwood products, including aftershave and balm. This was my first experience with any of them and from a fragrance perspective I was pretty impressed. It's got a nice, quite potent woodsy scent that was fairly masculine without being overpowering. The cream has a good dose of it too.

It would be fair to say that this generally did the job, and was better than an electric shave, but that it didn't compare to a shave using a brush. This seems to be common to most brushless creams and it compares favourably to the others I have tried.

Although it tended to clog my razor if I used too much, it offered good slickness and protection. A bit of water was all that was needed to allow multiple passes. Post shave feel was a bit of a let down though, so best to pair with a nice balm.

At £1.99 it offers good value, but as you need to use considerably more than with some other products it may not offer as much value as a straight price comparison would suggest.

Although I never got a great shave, I was pretty pleased with this. It allowed me to get a passable shave while saving me a bit of time and and hassle (although probably not that much overall). So if you're looking for something to keep in the cabinet for when you just need a quick polish this could be it.

Full review here

Nice review.

I actually found I used equally the same amount of time and sometimes even more time, using this cream - simply because of the mess it creates and that I have to shave more carefully, than when using a nice brushed up lather from a soap.

I have sold the unopened tubes off and binned the rest. Nice smell from it though and the added menthol was a plus in my book.

Back
Top Bottom