Boots Cool Cologne Shave Cream

hunnymonster said:
Out of the four stores I've poked my head in over the last few days, I observed the following:

Store 1: Nothing, no space for it
Store 2: 4 tubes - all bought and ready to be shipped to the US
Store 3: Nothing, no space for it
Store 4: Space for it, with a wee note "Temporarily out of stock"

Wondering if they get a big batch wokked up when they need it to happen, rather than continuous small batches...

not good, what would be good is if they did a Bay Rum Cream & Soap, oh yes please !!! :D :D

I managed to find some in a boots about 6 miles from me :D :D , they only had 3 tubes, so i get em all along with some Freshwood AS Balm , which i have never tried.

Steve

Big boots near me had an empty space for the Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream with a sticker saying Temporarily Out of Stock!

However the brushless row was full............................ of this

4741634917_8e31ddbab2_m.jpg

:shave

simmo3801 said:
Big boots near me had an empty space for the Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream with a sticker saying Temporarily Out of Stock!

However the brushless row was full............................ of this

4741634917_8e31ddbab2_m.jpg

:shave

Excellent, gonna give mine a whirl tonight

This is my first [and only!] cream. It takes a good three to four minutes to lather in a bowl - trying to follow Mantic's advice and method - but I'm going to try Richard's tip earlier in this post about face lathering to see if that's better.

The cream smells okay - IMHO - and is pretty slick when it's on your face [well, my face anyway :!: :lol: ]

Paul

Is this ment to be a low foaming cream or have I done something wrong? :?
Tried it for the first time tonight,face lathered as usual using genourous amount of cream,wetting the tips of the brush when required and took my time. The lather didn't want to expand and didn't have much slickness to it. Knowing that I still carried on with the shave using my slant with a fresh feather and have to say I was lucky I didn't rip my face into shreds and managed to complete it...just...

hunnymonster said:
Did you by chance by the brushless version?

No I actually had a careful look before buying, it says ''cool cologne cream'',I don't know what it is but I have a feeling that they're both made with the same formula these days?a bit disappointed :(

James_uk said:
hunnymonster said:
Did you by chance by the brushless version?

No I actually had a careful look before buying, it says ''cool cologne cream'',I don't know what it is but I have a feeling that they're both made with the same formula these days?a bit disappointed :(

It sounds to me like you've picked up the brushless cream, mine states, cool cologne lather shave cream and has lathering instructions on the back ;)

At least it makes an amazing lather in a bowl....almost as good as my toothpaste, :evil: :x :x :evil:
If you think you can do a better job,send me your addy and it'll be on its way to you

Had a look at boots webpage to compare it to brushless but sadly no ingredient list there.What a pile of w*nk,would I touch this again?I would rather have my left leg amputated :evil:

With all due respect to any Boots lovers here, I think the Cool Cologne cream is awful. The scent is not bad, but the "cooling effect" is too subdued to be enjoyable, and the general skincare is very much lacking. The lather is fine, but there's more to a cream than just the lather.

Its in my rotation, I like it, it performs well for me; good lather, pleasant smell, feels good I like it almost as much as Maca Root and Ingram.

Back
Top Bottom