Bond street and jermyn street experiance

slash said:
Well lovely weekend in London with the mrs and family,Spoilt by my experiance in truefitt and hill :evil:...Now being 5"11 20 stone with a skinhead doesnt probably fit there usual clients,but that doesnt mean they can talk and look at me like a piece of shit.Spent a good 5 mins looking around whilst the woman talked on the phone.Once finished asked if she could help,explained that i was looking at getting some soap/creams via the internet for christmas for myself and presents for family etc etc..and i hadnt used any of there products as yet,asked if there was any way i could sample a few of the differant creams before deciding on a purchase,was told no not a chance only available via the website..Had the feeling the lady just thought i was a toerag,went into trumpers and taylors and a few others and was treated great and samples no problem at all,purchased a few nice creams and got a few crabtree and everlyn soaps from covent garden...so all in all a good weekend but i wont be going back to truefitt and hill or buying there products if thats the way there staff act they can shove it.

I know what you mean being 6' '2" , skinhead haircut and tat's I don't fit the normal Jermyn Street shopper...... :lol: :lol: . But the weekend before last I thought I would have a wander down and have a look at what was on offer. My sister has asked the fatal question "what do you want for christmas?". So I thought some nice A/S or EDT or Shaving Cream. 1st stop TOBS, not that impressed. The sales staff seemed pre-occupied and when I got the salemans attention I asked for a couple of samples of EDT to try and was told no. I then asked about chubby brushes and the best info he could give me was they had not got the Chubby 2 in stock but it was bigger than the Chubby 1 that they had........... :shock: . Next stop Czech & Speake, fantastic shop, very attentive and helpful sales person plus loads of samples and a catalogue, next Floris, same experience recommend both shops of you want that "special" fragrance. Last shop GFT, what a difference from TOBS. The salesman was knowledgable, helpful and had no attitude at all even remembered my name from the last time I went in !! Left very happy, must have looked at every shaving brush in the shop including the one costing £1200.00 (Water Badger?) and as I was just about to leave he gave me a bag containing all the samples that they do and a catalogue.
So guess which shops I will be going back too ?
I think that some shop staff seem to forget that my money is worth exactly the same as the mans money in the 2 grand suit.............and courtesy costs nothing.

Back
Top Bottom