Bond street and jermyn street experiance

Well lovely weekend in London with the mrs and family,Spoilt by my experiance in truefitt and hill :evil:...Now being 5"11 20 stone with a skinhead doesnt probably fit there usual clients,but that doesnt mean they can talk and look at me like a piece of shit.Spent a good 5 mins looking around whilst the woman talked on the phone.Once finished asked if she could help,explained that i was looking at getting some soap/creams via the internet for christmas for myself and presents for family etc etc..and i hadnt used any of there products as yet,asked if there was any way i could sample a few of the differant creams before deciding on a purchase,was told no not a chance only available via the website..Had the feeling the lady just thought i was a toerag,went into trumpers and taylors and a few others and was treated great and samples no problem at all,purchased a few nice creams and got a few crabtree and everlyn soaps from covent garden...so all in all a good weekend but i wont be going back to truefitt and hill or buying there products if thats the way there staff act they can shove it.

Shouldn't you being a skin head have been an indication to her that you have the potential to buy twice as many shaving products as others. :lol:
There are too many places both top and bottom end where this sort of 'sales assistance' is the norm. Businesses ought to spend more time training staff and ensuring they know how to treat people......although it would be even nicer if staff knew how to treat people without having to be trained.

soapalchemist said:
Shouldn't you being a skin head have been an indication to her that you have the potential to buy twice as many shaving products as others. :lol:
There are too many places both top and bottom end where this sort of 'sales assistance' is the norm. Businesses ought to spend more time training staff and ensuring they know how to treat people......although it would be even nicer if staff knew how to treat people without having to be trained.

Spot on,worked in retail/sales meself so i know you treat all customers the same..Not interested in emailing them i just will never use or buy there products again..

[RANT mode = ON]

I've got a handicap (speech impediment), I know more that you want to know about lousy customer service than you would imagine.
When I'n in the mood for revenge I do something about it.. I've gotten at least 2 people fired for their offensive attitude, and no, no remorse.

I'm very selective in where I buy, or get service, I'm willing to pay extra for good customer service, and I've had a few exceptional ones.

So yeah, until people realise that, especially in the current economic situation, losing a customer can cost you dearly..

A bit of topic, but my dad used to run an ad agency, once of his client was a high end car dealer (I think RR or Bentley/Jag)
They guy told him the story of this scruffy kid that one day came into the showroom asking for a brochure on a one of these cars.
(these are expensive brochures, more like books, some cost over 10-15 quid a piece to print)
The guy decides to give the kid one, why not? It's a bit of money, but if it makes the kid happy :D
Less than a week later the kid show up again with his dad, his dad tries & buys a brand new car from the dealer.
The dad thanked the dealer for giving his kid the brochure, since he had a look through it, and decided to visit.

Especially now we can shop & compare online, basic brick and mortar stores should up the customer service, because that is the only thing they have to offer to be better.

[RANT mode = OFF]

That's the way to do it Slash, they forget that a customer's money spends aywhere!

I hate surly and shoddy customer service; good manners and common courtesy cost nothing. I personally found the staff at C&E in Covent Garden (a few weeks ago) most excellent and I ended up spending quite a bit on both Mrs Spirit and myself.

Good idea to write and complain and always remember...a back turned is a back stabbed!

:twisted:

slash said:
soapalchemist said:

Spot on,worked in retail/sales meself so i know you treat all customers the same..Not interested in emailing them i just will never use or buy there products again..

Please drop an email to them, even if it is only a 2 or 3 liner. Companies need to know when something is going wrong!

Adam D said:
Please drop an email to them, even if it is only a 2 or 3 liner. Companies need to know when something is going wrong!
I tend to agree, management does not always know what's happening on the shop floor, sending them an e-mail might allow them to rectify for future customers.

Max

Not just complaints - compliments should also be sent; in one Soc. Services department where I worked the Area Officer held the view that since the county policy required that a Complaints File be held in each area then he would also keep a Compliments File.

I have picked up thousands of pounds worth of business over the years by not judging a book by its cover.

Long live poor customer service so long as its not my staff that are doing it :)

Surly or offhand service triggers an immediate and irrevocable boycott from me; outstanding service ensures repeat business. Pretty straightforward: it amazes me that some companies still don't get it.

The best experiance was in D R harris great young lad that was really helpfull..And yes the staff at covent garden in crabtree and everlyne spot on as well...

I understand your not going back when the service sucks, but if you don't tell the boss about it, how can it ever improve?

When I have complained about poor service, I always do it in writing, and address it to the person in charge. I nearly always get a written apology and free samples by way of compensation.

If you don't tell them it's broken, they won't know to fix it!

Back
Top Bottom