Body Shop Shave Cream

Found this wonderful cream at the back of my drawer in my bathroom and thought i'd brush the dust off. Forgot just how much I like this product. Builds an excellent lather, aids razor glide very well and leaves my skin feeling soft, irritation free with a nice natural smell. this was my weapon of choice a while back and remembered why. Its debatable if its better than the first incarnation... i personally think it is.

Penny for your thoughts gents?

Dave

Funny how things are cyclical, you probably won't see this stuff on Shave Of The Day all this month no matter how hard you look, it's almost like it's gone out of production. 2 years ago everyone was using it and why not, it was (is) good stuff. I suppose we just find new favourites to move on to.

I gave mine away a year ago as I didn't get on with the smell, it reminded me of wet tree bark, but it did shave really well and it was great value.

yeah I can see where you can the wet tree bark from. I find it quite neutral which is handy as when i put on my aftershave i dont get a crazy concoction of aromas

Is this the Maca root shave cream ? Just started to use this & nearly through the first tub, lovely stuff & I like the fragrance, bought some when they were doing 40% off & free delivery, it's my daily user cream at the moment while I attempt to deplete the stash !!!

Fido said:
I use Body Shop Maca Root Shaving cream in my rotation. I love the stuff - great lather and scent.

Off the thread Peter but ......... Noted from your Blog you were at the last night of the Athletics at the Olympics, a memorable night on TV, to be there must have been amazing.

Yeah its the maca root version. I have the moisturizer too. Used to use this daily before going a bit crazy with buying other brands. Still have a good half tub left. Its definitely back in the rotation :D

TBS Macca Root shaving cream. This has too be one of the best value creams out there & available everywhere.
Part of my regular rotation.

Charles U.K

I remember thinking exactly the same, until I discovered Proraso, and later more of the continental stuff. World will never be the same again.

I really like this stuff. The smell is quite nice actually and it produces great lather. It is best to buy it when Body Shop are running discounts like 3 for 2 or 40% off.

Helveticum said:
I remember thinking exactly the same, until I discovered Proraso, and later more of the continental stuff. World will never be the same again.

I live in a soft water area and the first soap I got was Proraso. I tried the La Toja stick you sent me the other day, I barely touched my face with the brush and got a lather. :icon_razz:

The Mackem Shaver said:
I live in a soft water area and the first soap I got was Proraso. I tried the La Toja stick you sent me the other day, I barely touched my face with the brush and got a lather. :icon_razz:

Wow ! I need to remind myself to try the La Toja someday

Back
Top Bottom