Boar? Or synth Boar? (Third brush in rotation)

I’m now finding that, as the weather is damper and colder and windows open less, my wetroom is staying damper such that even after 48 hours my connaught Green Boar is still not quite dry, obviously I don’t want to dry it on the radiator. I have a Proraso omega as an alternate which is pretty good, way better than half as good for a third of the price!

On week days I tend to shave every 36 or even 24 hours ( spending time at the coast most weekends means I value the extra stubble defence) and so two brushes are not enough … yipppeee!…

i breifly owned an omega synth boar before it was reallocated to my son ( my my son) and so I don’t have any experience of it. I have a Yaqui synth familia which I don’t like the feel of especially… But I appreciate that synths will dry faster and accept sitting on a warm radiator.

So, long question short … extra boar or synth boar? And which? I’d prefer to buy from Connaught if poss.

I’m now finding that, as the weather is damper and colder and windows open less, my wetroom is staying damper such that even after 48 hours my connaught Green Boar is still not quite dry, obviously I don’t want to dry it on the radiator. I have a Proraso omega as an alternate which is pretty good, way better than half as good for a third of the price!

On week days I tend to shave every 36 or even 24 hours ( spending time at the coast most weekends means I value the extra stubble defence) and so two brushes are not enough … yipppeee!…

i breifly owned an omega synth boar before it was reallocated to my son ( my my son) and so I don’t have any experience of it. I have a Yaqui synth familia which I don’t like the feel of especially… But I appreciate that synths will dry faster and accept sitting on a warm radiator.

So, long question short … extra boar or synth boar? And which? I’d prefer to buy from Connaught if poss.
If you're getting them from Connaught's, can I suggest just buying 4 or 5 cheaper ones, then rotate them all and it will be dry by the time you get back to it!!??

IMO, it sounds like you want another boar. Synth brushes are great, but they aren't for everyone.

However, I would throw a spanner in the works. As great as Connaughts are, they do not stock the following brush. The Omega/Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog, has a knot which isn't a million miles from the Jade one you have. The Wild Hog is 26mm/55mm if my memory serves me right, whilst the Jade one is 27mm/53mm according to it's description at Connaught.

Amazon have the Wild Hog at £7.99, whilst Shaving Time sell the same brush for £7.49, but they have a discount somewhere as well. The knot of the Wild Hog is superb, IMO it's one of the best boar brushes around at any price.

Have to say i prefer the Boar
Living in Scotland it can be pretty cold at times but mine dries at the window.
I close the window at night & open it in the morning.
I’ll dry it for two days,
sometimes it doesn’t take that long but i might not use said brush for a number of months so just being a bit pedantic.
As stated about get yourself a couple if you prefer

IMO, it sounds like you want another boar. Synth brushes are great, but they aren't for everyone.

However, I would throw a spanner in the works. As great as Connaughts are, they do not stock the following brush. The Omega/Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog, has a knot which isn't a million miles from the Jade one you have. The Wild Hog is 26mm/55mm if my memory serves me right, whilst the Jade one is 27mm/53mm according to it's description at Connaught.

Amazon have the Wild Hog at £7.99, whilst Shaving Time sell the same brush for £7.49, but they have a discount somewhere as well. The knot of the Wild Hog is superb, IMO it's one of the best boar brushes around at any price.
Donnie

Thanks, this arrived today and is great! Bargain for £8

Back
Top Bottom