Blightys or TOBS?

Thought I'd just put it out there; what does everyone if d better prof blighty soaps or TOBS creams. Yes I know creams often provide better cushioning and conditioning but IMO prof blighty's grapefruit is a better performer than a lot of the TOBS creams (esp lemon and lime or lavender). Does anyone else feel the same or differ in opinion?

Agree with you in full. Lavender TOBS is the worst of the range. Smells great, works badly. Blighters is far, far better.

Blighty does an endymion soap which I just love.
He tells me it's cinnamon and poppy amongst other things.
To me it's reminiscent of my childhood, almost like chewing bubblegum while playing outside in the summer. Cracking stuff

Great, I hear about a great soap and then find out that it is not available here in the USA and the only seller that I can find does not ship here either. Sigh, I guess I'll just have to make do with Ogallala, Pyrate Cove Soapworks, Mike's Natural Soaps, Mystic Water, Mama Bear, Honeybee Soaps, Barrister & Mann, and all of the other great USA soap makers...it's a poor consolation, but such is life.

Seriously, if anyone knows of a seller who ships state side, I would appreciate it, the Blackberry soap sounds spiffy.

I'm confuzzled by the reports of poor performance from TOBS lavender, I've been using it on and off for 3 years and it's fine by me. I prefer a few others but it's far from being sub par.

Jabberwock said:
Great, I hear about a great soap and then find out that it is not available here in the USA and the only seller that I can find does not ship here either. Sigh, I guess I'll just have to make do with Ogallala, Pyrate Cove Soapworks, Mike's Natural Soaps, Mystic Water, Mama Bear, Honeybee Soaps, Barrister & Mann, and all of the other great USA soap makers...it's a poor consolation, but such is life.

Seriously, if anyone knows of a seller who ships state side, I would appreciate it, the Blackberry soap sounds spiffy.

Perhaps contact the professor himself?

Canuck said:
I'm confuzzled by the reports of poor performance from TOBS lavender, I've been using it on and off for 3 years and it's fine by me. I prefer a few others but it's far from being sub par.

I know a few others who get along with the lavender I gues ymmv

I'm not sure how fair it is to compare a soap to a cream when so many of us prefer one over another. I much prefer soaps, so to answer the question as asked, Blighty by a country mile. That said, I do have a TOBS soap (sandalwood). Comparing the two soaps, they're different beasts with the Blighty being a glycerin based soap and the TOBS being triple milled, but in terms of performance I'd have to give a slight edge to the Blighty on the grounds that it gives a slicker lather. It's a close thing though, I get excellent shaves with either.

I appreciate the link, they deliver to the USA, but the scent doesn't sound like something that I would like (I can't stand tobacco scents in my creams or soaps and sandalwood tends to burn me). The manufacturer of Professor Blighty's saw this thread and contacted me to offer to ship some soap state side, so if I do get some (and I have to admit that the BlackBerry soap is calling to me), then I will go through him.

Everyone to their own but I love his grapefruit (Prof B) soap it smells gorgeous and wakes up the senses first thing in the morning! The quality of lather in terms of cushion and conditioning is sublime

Back
Top Bottom