blade storage

Why don't people just throw the blades away?
because, when the neighbor goes rooting through your garbage looking for day old bread, or your latest bank statement the missus tossed before you got to see it,,, youd just HATE for them to get all sliced up by loose razor blades.

or depending on internet news site...

its more fun to put used razor blades into candy apples on holloween?

I started off using a couple of small steel tins I obtained with Indian 'tiffin' boxes. These are the ones labelled Personna and Derby in the pic...they comfortably hold 100 blades each. Then, when I moved onto Voskhod blades, I got the small vintage glass box with plate metal lid...I have about 40 in that. Then I tried Gillette Nacet, found them to be the best blade I'd ever used and promptly ordered 500. They nicely fit in the small drawer on the dresser where I keep some of my shaving stuff, and I keep about 150 in the small white china box which is my 'go-to' stash most of the time. The little vintage 'Ever-Ready' blade bank in the pic has become more of a novelty (used blades go straight into a proper sharps bin under the sink...I think most UK councils provide these if requested from waste collection/recycling depts..

I've also looked for a purpose-made blade dispenser, with no luck...interested to see the 3D printed on in this thread...pity it's in the US.:(
shave.jpg

If you live in the UK B&M bargains do a large money tin which you have to open with a can opener which is perfect. They come in different designs too. Off the top of my head they are a quid. It'd take ten years to fill one. Easy to dispose of too once full.
Here's one
View attachment 23049

I use one of those self same tins. Sits on the back corner of my chest of drawers out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom