Blade Longevity

Shawshank Redemption at the top, followed very closely by Schindler's List, and bringing up the rear, Saving Private Ryan. There are many great films, but these three resonate with me in a big way :)
All great movies, and indeed it's impossibly hard to find the top three :) Besides Shawshank Redemption, though, I loved Once Upon a Time in America and the recent The Great Beauty. I love this forum :)

Over the years I've slowly been working on this (truly personal) theory that the razor choice matters more than the blade. Given that I have extremely sensitive skin with very thick hair growth, I prefer the sharpest blades I can find. Once I discovered Feathers, I stopped trying out sampler packs and have since stuck to using them in all my DE's. I rotate a razor every 3-4 days usually and I keep the blade consistent. I have had no issues and continue enjoying smooth trouble free shaves.

Yikes, forgot to answer the key question the OP posted...with feather, the downside is that they deteriorate really fast. I've sort of got a system going where I only shave with a feather blade twice...so when I see an empty razor, I open a fresh blade...when I see a blade in the razor, I discard after that shave...this way I'm guaranteed never to get a blade beyond my 2 shave threshold.

Yikes, forgot to answer the key question the OP posted...with feather, the downside is that they deteriorate really fast. I've sort of got a system going where I only shave with a feather blade twice...so when I see an empty razor, I open a fresh blade...when I see a blade in the razor, I discard after that shave...this way I'm guaranteed never to get a blade beyond my 2 shave threshold.
Same here Sameer whenever I use Feather :) My favorite though are KAI: just as sharp but more forgiving and durable... :)

I've not been shaving long but my current blade is a Derby on 3 shaves all 3 pass and touch ups and still going strong but just received a massive box of blades so will be sampling and will likely find better blades, I tried a Gillette yellow 7 o'clock and could have donated the sink water there was so much blood in it so went back to Derby

I've not been shaving long but my current blade is a Derby on 3 shaves all 3 pass and touch ups and still going strong but just received a massive box of blades so will be sampling and will likely find better blades, I tried a Gillette yellow 7 o'clock and could have donated the sink water there was so much blood in it so went back to Derby
Ah the 'Sharp Edge'. As sharp as a Feather for me are the Yellow 7 o'clock blades. Very nice blades mind, once you get past the first shave.

Yeah i think I need to use some nicer blades until I get the technique right then make the step upto sharper blades
I think I'm getting better with getting a lather up and I'm not bleeding like I was and I'm getting a close comfortable shave that I'm happy with, I've got plenty time to get it right.
I'm away on a training course soon so plenty me time to practice in

Back
Top Bottom