Blade Disposal

I use a Mason's Ironstone ginger jar in red & white that once belonged to my Grandfather. When it is full, I will pop the blades into empty juice cans, tap them on the head and release unto the recycling.

Feather blade bank user here, I've got two (one upstairs and one downstairs), I've not quite filled one yet and I've had them around 2 to 3 years. Got them on eBay from a Welsh hairdresser shop, can't remember the name but they still sell as far as I know.

These threads pop up all the time and it's usually the same answer, I keep an old tin on top of bathroom cupboard, totally safe and childproof but hidden because it doesn't look nice.

Google pot of dreams money box and you will find somthing the mrs will happy display in bathroom

I am currently using a 500ml Lucozade bottle. But I love the idea of the coin banks from the pound shop. Next visit to top up my sweet jar.....

So if the blades are going in the recycling, the tin also has to be steel rather than alu ? The workings of recycling are still a bit of a mystery to me...

PhilD said:
So if the blades are going in the recycling, the tin also has to be steel rather than alu ? The workings of recycling are still a bit of a mystery to me...
Ideally I suppose so but some people may find that issue as a step too far! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom