Blade Disposal

Some blades come in the plastic containers with a slot in the back for used blades - when I've used the whole pack, I use the empty one to store used blades. You can get loads of them in one.

I just made a storage can out of a 1Ltr empty paint tin! Glued the lid shut and made a slot in it. Put a label on it and job done!!

th_Desktop_00001_zps97160eb2.jpg

Re: RE: Blade Disposal

acer1986 said:
I just made a storage can out of a 1Ltr empty paint tin! Glued the lid shut and made a slot in it. Put a label on it and job done!!

th_Desktop_00001_zps97160eb2.jpg

Nice. In the end I used an old ground coffee tin - bought when I didn't know any better! :)

I got an old 1000 disp aspirin pot from the pharmacy and cut a slit in the lid, job done, could so buy a blade disposal unit from the above too

[attachment=10664]
^^^^
Bought a lil candy tin from ebay for 99p free p+p from china. Glued the lid and cut a slit for the blades

Attachments

• 2014-05-27 21.14.20.jpg
    2014-05-27 21.14.20.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 50
I'm a diabetic, so blade disposal is easy. I put them with my needles for incineration. The drug store gives out free container, and I just return them back to the pharmacy. The disposal is for any biological sharps - so blades are legitimate. I know that others have asked for, received and disposed of nothing but blades. The container holds a *lot* of blades. They are usually about a litre (quart) or so large. I found a page that describes what my pharmacy considers 'sharps' for disposal:

"The disposal of used sharps is a public safety issue that concerns all of us. A ‘sharp' is any object that can pierce, puncture or cut the skin. Lancets, pen needles, syringes, knives, scalpels, razors, scissors or broken glass are all examples of sharps."

And to continue:

"Ask at your local Safeway pharmacy. A number of companies make sharps containers, two of the most popular being BD and Monoject. There is a nominal charge to obtain these containers. Safeway Pharmacy also offers their own sharps container produced in partnership with Lifescan Canada. This container is available free of charge at any Safeway Pharmacy."

I know this is a UK site (I am in Canada) but many of my UK diabetic friends have told me of a similar arrangement with your pharmaceutical supply companies. In the US you have the same disposal available at your Safeway Pharmacy or other Pharmacy.

.michael aka tabaliah

[attachment=11135]
My new blade bin.. 89p money tin from B&M store its a fair size and should take a while to fill, needs a can opener to access contents so it should be fairly safe.

Jim

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404849869567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404849869567.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom