Blade choice.

I am waiting for the Mongoose Razor to be released into the wild.........:)
So I am now looking at getting some blades (probably a good idea).
How many of you using either the Cobra or Mongoose have tried different blades and what were your results. I am leaning toward Feather A.C. Supers but I was wondering if to start with standard blades? I shave in the main with vintage slant or O/C razors or Straights.
Any advice/opinions would be appreciated.........Ta !!

i would start with the feather pro guards - get a hang of the razor and then move to the supers. to be fair i use both in a cobra and king cobra and i can tell very little difference in the shave - i get a super smooth and close shave with both - and i have quite a thick dark hair growth. i like the pro guards as you don't have to concentrate so much and no fear of nicking yourself. I have nicked myself a few times with the supers due to not concentrating or shaving too quickly. The pro guards are quite forgiving without compromising the shave.

Like to help you with an answer... But I've only been using the Proguards for awhile now. The other Feather Blades I have are in boxes with Japanese captions. No idea what kind of blades they are(;-(

missingskin said:
I have used Pro-Guards in my Feather Straight. I was wondering if there was a great difference between the standard and the supers please ?
I assume you mean the Pro and Pro Super - in which case I would advise against the Super as it is a wider (depth) blade with more exposure. I found it much too unforgiving and agree with Nrahuf that the Pro and Proguard provide great shaves anyway.

Steve my personal choice would be the Feather Pro I really don't see the need for the super Pro why would you need such a sharp blade to protrude that little bit more? as the Feather Pro will literally mow down the most stubborn of beards, and on the plus side you can quite easily get 15 shaves from the Feather Pro, I've never used the Pro guard so I have no idea how many shaves you will get from one of those blades.

Cheers folks that is exactly what I needed to know. Not being into extreme shaving I am ordering a pack of Feather Pro Blades.
Thanks for all the input this is going to be an interesting razor for me as I have only used injectors and never an S.E. razor. We will see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom