Big v small

Just wondering if anyone else has this....

I have a lot of aftershaves from bigger brand names (Armani, CK, JPG etc) and I have a few from smaller makers (one is Professor Blighty)

Does anyone else find them going for the smaller ones? For me, I just always pick up the Prof's stuff rather then the the ones from bigger names out there.

For me they just feel a bit more special and I enjoy using them more too.

Does anyone else choose there smaller brands over the bigger ones?

I use Issey Miyake exclusively because it's what the missus likes.

the-fonz.jpg

Hiya,

I can't speak about aftershaves, since I normally use one without alcohol and with very little scent. Just because I don't use em, it doesn't mean I don't have a few old vintage types laying around the arsenal. I will tend to occasionally wear these as a rare change of pace, but only because of the scent. The performance isn't for me, since these all have various amounts of alcohol in the mix. Yep, I'm one who isn't a fan of the burn.

Heh, now EdTs and colognes is another matter. I have a surprisingly high number of various frags that will call to me sometimes. Many of these are niche types that I found years ago when first ordering samples. Quite a few are sorta pricey, but normally I just buy decants.

Of all the various things I've sniffed over the years, my favorite fragrance is (or was) made by a small vendor. The juice that Colleen made at TGQ matched up perfectly with her shaving soap scented the same way. The scent is called 'Leatherneck', and the 'extrait' used to be available in a one ounce bottle. I have half a bottle left and one soap puck and that's all........sigh. I have to ration this stuff, since it may be extinct.

This fragrance pleases my nose more than any other scent does. Not very expensive compared to many others, and it is kind of a nice being able to support someone I actually know a little bit. Man, I hope she comes out of retirement sometime.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom