Best soap/cream for face lathering

Hi guys I'm relatively new and have developed a liking for face lathering.
I find with soap you get a better face lather, as with creams it's not as light, as when lathered in a scuttle or bowl.

Currently I'm using prof blighty's grapefruit glycerin soap its working working a treat, in conjunction with proraso post/pre.

Can anyway shed light on this issue with creams? I have tried using less cream/ more water/less water/brush type etc. I have also used an arsenal of different creams mainly TOBS variety and castle forbes.

Avnish

Yh Darren I have Palmolive cream it's one I can face lather but I would love to be able to produce the scent and texture through face lathering as I do get within a scuttle.
(Not so much with Palmolive)

Nishy said:
Yh Darren I have Palmolive cream it's one I can face lather but I would love to be able to produce the scent and texture through face lathering as I do get within a scuttle.
(Not so much with Palmolive)

Have you tried lathering in your palm first? Once you have the lather started, smear the cream left in your hand onto your face, then face lather as usual?

Maybe this will produce a thicker lather.

Have never hand lathered then face lathered after will try this small beard thanks also am tempted to now add speick to my soap collection, is there ant scent to it?

Just bought a proraso brush to add to my collection as well as mwf and haslinger ewe x2 hoping for some great face lathering!

Taipan said:
That should keep you going for a couple of years! Make sure you like it first.

Haha mon fre' I didnt purchase this I just checked my suppliers as I was shocked that the stick was only 50p ish. Although I do own and use the palmolive cream in the tube

Nishy said:
palmolive shave stick £16.36 for 30 (trade price)

50p at Tesco is cheaper ;)

But then I do prefer to support the independents. You know what my answer will be anyway:

Ingram, Ingram, Ingram!

8658633506_eacd02a6ba_o.jpg

Re: RE: Best soap/cream for face lathering

Fellonblackdays said:
Ingrams is ace. Had my shave earlier with it, cold blast after use is amazing to.
Don't you start with the Ingrams. Gairdner has shares in the bloody stuff and must brush his teeth with Ingrams, too B-)

NotTheStig said:
Fellonblackdays said:
Ingrams is ace. Had my shave earlier with it, cold blast after use is amazing to.
Don't you start with the Ingrams. Gairdner has shares in the bloody stuff and must brush his teeth with Ingrams, too B-)

I tell you Carl, thank goodness I don't drink anymore. The 100ml blue & white tube of "I" could look very similar indeed to the 100ml blue & white tube of Arm & Hammer toothpaste that sits on the same bathroom shelf. I could seriously imagine stotting in to brush my teeth, grabbing the wrong tube and frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog on gastrocote. Mind, the states I used to get into, I either wouldn't notice or wouldn't remember to clean my teeth in the first place.

Eee, 'tis rough round 'ere....:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom