Best Shaving Creams?

Greetings
I know it sounds all very confusing but IMHO you should not be put off or mislead into thinking that the cheap readily available brands are inferior because of the price tag. Quite often they are absolute top performing creams, what they lack compared with the expensive brands is normally only a sophisticated scent, if you want a really delightfully scented shaving cream you will have to pay more for it, if on the other hand you like to use EDT's you may feel that an unscented or lightly scented cream with a fleeting scent (like most of the cheaper ones) would serve you well and not clash with your EDT. There are many top performing shaving creams at under £2.50 a tube.

Like everything in life it is nice to try one or two expensive ones but do not expect their performance to be miles ahead of some of the cheap creams.

Regards
Dick.

Shesh! there are a lot of opinions here on what is essentially a try-it-and-see topic for the OP. Be quicker to list the creams that are no good - if there are any.

Greetings
I know it sounds all very confusing but IMHO you should not be put off or mislead into thinking that the cheap readily available brands are inferior because of the price tag. Quite often they are absolute top performing creams, what they lack compared with the expensive brands is normally only a sophisticated scent, if you want a really delightfully scented shaving cream you will have to pay more for it, if on the other hand you like to use EDT's you may feel that an unscented or lightly scented cream with a fleeting scent (like most of the cheaper ones) would serve you well and not clash with your EDT. There are many top performing shaving creams at under £2.50 a tube.

Like everything in life it is nice to try one or two expensive ones but do not expect their performance to be miles ahead of some of the cheap creams.

Regards
Dick.
Absolutely agree there Sir....Designer brand names are like Bankers.....Laughing all the way to the Bank....:D
Billy

Hiya,

There's plenty of very good creams and lots aren't expensive. Then there's a few that perform and smell just a bit better than the others. Thicker richer lather that you can see is just a little nicer than usual.

Truth be told though, top soaps will generally perform better than top creams because they're slicker. Very rare to find a cream with as much slip.

Hiya,

There's plenty of very good creams and lots aren't expensive. Then there's a few that perform and smell just a bit better than the others. Thicker richer lather that you can see is just a little nicer than usual.

Truth be told though, top soaps will generally perform better than top creams because they're slicker. Very rare to find a cream with as much slip.
WARS is one of the few....:eek:

There is too much advice, opinions and suggestions. So just keep buying creams randomly until you find the one you like :)
may take some time and will be bit pricey but that's how it goes.

For performance and value I'd go for Proraso, have the green and red on rotation, and they both work great, nice lather/scent and a smooth shave everytime. Both tubes have lasted well over a year too.
Haven't tried loads of brands to count on more than both hands but Anthony's one was good, though pricey. Edwin Jagger's ones are great but again the price tag isn't nice. More of a fancy/luxury cream when you're feeling like you want to treat yourself.

So, as I understand it from the replies, inexpensive creams/soaps may be every bit as good as the expensive and well-known Brand Names. I can understand trying quite a lot of different ones but I do not want something that will dry out my skin.
Ingrams tube has been a surprise, but after a fortnight I find the menthol somewhat overwhelming.
Even tried Tesco's foam, works but does not give that Xtra zip!!
Now do not laugh, but I bought a stick but ended-up cutting it up into a wooden shaving bowl so that I could use it like a 'refill'. Not exactly a good idea!!
Will look at some of the creams suggested, and I know there is one or two I will like.

Thank you moodymick, and I thought I was probably all alone in doing that. In some ways it opens up a few more options, especially for use at home.

Back
Top Bottom