Best post shave moisturiser

Almost any product on the market will do so long as you stop checking that you still don't have dry skin.

Seriously, I have a similar problem in that between getting out of the shower and the end of a shave will see my cheeks and forehead get very dry. My solution is to use something like GFT Skin Food as a go between whilst I shave - in other words I apply this before starting the shave routine but then use all the aftershave products as normal, plus a moisturiser on my upper face.

My experience is that almost any moisturiser works but I have to be careful with the shaving soap.

Hope this helps.

Nivea for Men Intensive Moisturiser, available in most big supermarkets. In a small dark blue jar.
They often have good deals on the Nivea stuff too.

I have been using it for the last couple of years and the Mrs reckons it has made a big difference to my skin;)

As balms are all basically moisturising I rub mine on my chops first then the rest of my face. Not sure if that's the right thing to do but it seems to work for me. Someone the other day was quite surprised to hear I'm 48 this month, and said they would of knocked 8-10 years off that. No they weren't after anything !

Another vote for the Nivea for Men Intensive Moisturiser, I used the Clinique intensive stuff before but its four times the price and I haven't noiced any difference (I used the M-lotion before that and that was really good, not oily at all).

I also do what Northern Saint does and from time time when I cant be bothered to break the moituriser out I'll do my beard with ASB and then do the rest of my face too. Unfortunately no-one would knock 8-10 years off my age tho :(

Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula with Vit E, from any supermarket, it's not with the usual moisturiser, it's in a big bottle, it's less than £5, last for ages and smells good enough to eat.

Avon rich moisture family cream for face, hand and body.

Contains chamomile and oat extracts.

£5.20 for a 400ml tub.

http://avonshop.co.uk/product/skincare/moisturisers-and-creams/avon-care-family-rich-moisture-family-cream.html

One of the best that I've found it Neiva Protective. Non greasy, immediately acting and has a sun block. Difficult to find in my area. Usually buy 2 or 3 when it find it. When not on sale it's about 7$us.

Back
Top Bottom