Best Pocket knife

Mail Call:

One for personal use, one for work

2znyj3m.jpg

Have been using a couple of utility/combo small knife sets for the last 8 or so years.
A medium-size Fisherman VictorInox, a 'Wave' Leatherman, a NewRanger Wenger, a Leatherman Squirt P4 and the very handy 'Swisscard' VictorInox.

Late last year I was talking to a friend over in North America, who happens to be quite into folder knives. I got registered in the fora in Europe and U.S., and in a very short period I found myself with few nice and handy EDC designs.

uh2fL8d.jpg

I do not really think there is one "best EDC"; different people have a variety of preferences. We normally get what we pay for but a simpler knife may be more handy or appropriate for a particular (daily or not) use. One cannot ignore though that makers like Spyderco and Benchmade are -in general- a tad above the competition, with a third brand named "Chris Reeve Knives" being of course a manufacturer of exceptionally well engineered and manufactured pieces.

From the knives in my small collection I would rate the LE Spyderco Gayle Bradley (first edition) a very solid piece and best for EDC, despite its sensitivity with blade rust accumulation (CPM-M4 type blade is best to be kept oiled at all times).

pW5pqGO.jpg

^^ top to bottom:
Spyderco Gayle Bradley
Spyderco Tenacious
Kershaw RAM

aLy3s2M.jpg

^^ top to bottom:
Buck 112
FOX mini skinner blade, genuine horn scales
M. Nieto
Reate Horizon C (large blade, comes a bit larger than EDC)

gPwE5D2.jpg

^^ Benchmade 808 Loco

Honourable mention for the Spyderco Sharpmaker System, a highly effective and practical tool for sharpening such type of folders or fixed knives, as well as kitchen knives, scissors, etc.

Last edited:
cheers frankie, it is a lovely custom/small concern knife, slipjoint with sub 3" blade so sec139a compliant. i thought it a bit spendy till the spyderco version came out at about the same cost. i have been carrying a spyderco urban for a bit, the BritishBlades forum knife, which is also a lovely piece.

Back
Top Bottom