Best Pocket knife

Greetings
I suppose that now I no longer drink I can invest in a knife different from my Victorinox Swiss Army with a corkscrew and two blades, the corkscrew was the reason I always choose this model!

Regards
Dick. :(

It's a pity lockbacks are illegal in the UK, otherwise the Kershaw leek would fit your requirements.

It's my EDC knife.
kershaw-leek-1660stx-large.jpg

What about the British Army Knife? I kind of understand that it's been issued, maybe not UK legal though.

That should be fine, it's a smallish blade and doesn't appear to lock.

I know it's not what the OP asked for, but my EDC is the Leatherman Juice XE6, I find that the screwdrivers and pliers get as much use as the blades. Speaking of which, despite never really liking serrated blades, I've become a big fan of the serrated blade for opening packaging.

It's a pity lockbacks are illegal in the UK, otherwise the Kershaw leek would fit your requirements.

It's my EDC knife.
kershaw-leek-1660stx-large.jpg

Locking knives and blades over 3in are not UK legal but I still carry a locking blade over 3in why is a locking blade more dangerous than a non locking? I never understood that logic you can kill someone with a non locking blade the same way you could with a locking, this is my EDC a Boker Brad Zinker Urban Trapper in Cocbolo linerlock.

The hard facts are most people who have been attacked and killed in the UK are killed with kitchen knives so much for these idiots who come up with these idiotic knife laws.
I'm waiting for the UK to make ballpoint pens illegal. There is no vital organ more than 4" under the skin. You can stick a ballpoint pen in someone's throat, or eye, or any soft point and do as much damage as you can with any of the knives shown on this thread. Ya'll need to ditch that Firearms Act of 1996 and start carrying. Everyone in Texas carries. We always say, "An armed society is a polite society."

Locking knives and blades over 3in are not UK legal but I still carry a locking blade over 3in why is a locking blade more dangerous than a non locking? I never understood that logic you can kill someone with a non locking blade the same way you could with a locking, this is my EDC a Boker Brad Zinker Urban Trapper in Cocbolo linerlock.

It's summed up here: http://www.hrcr.org/safrica/arrested_rights/Harris_DirPubPros.htm

But the gist is that in the case of Harris v DPP a magistrate was convinced by the arguments of the prosecution that an open lock knife constitutes a fixed blade, which was illegal to carry. This decision was upheld by the court of appeal in Regina v Deegan, despite argument that the law had not intended to prohibit a folding lock knife. Judicial Precedent meant that it passed into law, and having had the appeal rejected only the House of Lords can overturn it.

Are these pocket knives for self-defence? Because if they are, they're not going to be much good against anyone but another pocket-knife carrying miscreant. The odds of Westerners needing to know how to use a firearm to protect themselves and others has never been greater. You can spout "gun crime statistics" all day long, but a pocket knife is going to be of little use against someone who wants to cut your head off. It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it. But that's just an old Texan ranting.

Back
Top Bottom