Best place for a Semogue?

Hi all,

It's time to get myself a new brush as my current EJ one is starting to look a bit sorry for itself. I want to try a Semogue 1305, but am unsure about where to get it from as I want it quick :D

So, having looked at the sites, I was wondering if people have ordered from either Shaving.ie or Vintage Scent, and have any feedback as regards how long it takes to receive goods from them? Is there anywhere else which I should consider?

Many thanks.

(Not sure if this is the right section for this, sorry if not!)

I've ordered from Vintage Scent before and found delivery was about a week if I remember correctly. The Shaving Butler, another Portuguese site was mentioned recently as well.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theshavebutler.com">http://www.theshavebutler.com</a><!-- m -->

If you're in the UK, Shaving.ie may be better for you, their prices are same as from Vintage Scent anyway - unless you want an SOC or something else special of course.
The Shave Butler sends registered as usual and reportedly takes from 7 to 10 calendar days in E.U. (i.e. more or less standard time). :)

Week sounds good to me, especially as Vintage Scent is slightly cheaper than Shaving. ie (they're about a Euro difference once shipping is added on Architect, which surprised me). Looks like an order going in tonight :D

Thanks for the link to the Shave Butler by the way, I noticed that it's got Institut Karite on there, so that's handy to know! Semogue looks to be 20 Euros on there, which is a bit more expensive.

Dipesh, you have no idea how long last night I spent looking through the brushes on Vintage Scent, going through the different choices and reading up on the brushes. It was a nightmare :lol: So many choices, and so much temptation, can see me buying one or two more Semogues in time along with a New Forest or two!

PompeyBill said:
Week sounds good to me, especially as Vintage Scent is slightly cheaper than Shaving. ie (they're about a Euro difference once shipping is added on Architect, which surprised me). Looks like an order going in tonight :D

That'll be the "Dublin tax", everything over there is more expensive.

PompeyBill said:

Thanks for the link to the Shave Butler by the way, I noticed that it's got Institut Karite on there, so that's handy to know! Semogue looks to be 20 Euros on there, which is a bit more expensive.

About The Shave Butler, I must say that the site is not fully functional, and the prices are not correct yet. You should contact for a quotation. For the Semogue brushes, the prices are usually very similar to vintagescent, perhaps a notch lower. It is a good source for Semogue brushes - his physical shop is situated in Northern Portugal, at a mere 30Km from the Semogue factory

I know the owner (personally) and I highly recommend it. He is a true gentleman. I bought from him several times in the past, and the service is simply excellent at any levels. It is always a pleasure to deal with him, either by mail or in his physical shop.
He's been serving the Portuguese wet-shaving community for years (along with Bruno from vintagescent), and they are both very regarded vendors.

Back
Top Bottom