Best London charity shops for vintage shaving gear

Charity shops are a pretty new concept to me. I don't think we have such things in France, maybe Emmaüs or some permanent (like old Spitalfields) and seasonal antics markets.

So, being in London, I wonder if there are some good spots among the numerous charity shops, where vintage shaving items (razors essentially) can be found. I understand that charity shops are mostly second hand shops selling quite recent objects for good causes, but who knows?

I did some charity work for Oxfam and am guilty of throwing a huge honing stone compete with case and base into the skip thinking it was rubbish. I still go on about it as you can see.

Nishy said:
I did some charity work for Oxfam and am guilty of throwing a huge honing stone compete with case and base into the skip thinking it was rubbish. I still go on about it as you can see.

Yes, my lodger, who goes often to charity chops, told me that they use to throw away lots of good stuffs, as they don't always know the real value of what they get, thinking it's rubbish...

Dave-the-rave said:
Mate charity shops generally don't sell razors. Elf n safety that sorta thing.

Not even antics?

not to stereo-type here Chris, but what with you being French and living in London an all, I expect you know Kensington pretty well, non?

Now I hate to give this secret away but I haven't had the chance to get down there in over a year, but at the Worlds End/Fulham end of the King's Road is a little triangle of charity shops, Marie Currie/Oxfam/help the aged IIRC.

Oxfam bags up the donations and send them to a central sorting centre but the other two sell the stuff that is donated to them directly. There is also a small road on the Brompton end of the Fulham road, behind the French school where there are a couple of small french cafes (cant remember the name of the road)that has two very good charity shops.

This means some very very rich peoples hardly worn clothes at charity shop prices.

Razors however, I didnt see.

Back
Top Bottom