Best Canned Shaving Foam / Gels?

I read a post asking this question on the B&B forum and Barbasol seemed to have a strong backing from our cousins over the pond, along with Nivea.

Sooo, when you're in a pinch and need a quick shave do any of you use the canned stuff and if so, which do you think is the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barbasol for me, I always bring a few cans back when visiting the states.
It's a great cream and dirt cheap over there.

Dave.

I've seen it on Amazon, but it's about £5/£10 a can! Might have a hint around and pick one up for those “quick shave” moments

Never had a problem with Edge gel but it is not available in the UK (maybe online).

The best according to SWAMBO who is a regular gel user is Nivea and KOS.
Foamwise its Rexell for me, it's less than a fiver on Amazon and about £2 in our local co-op chemist.

I haven't used canned foam/gel for years but last year or two years ago at Savers, Blue Stratos EdT was on sale and in the box there was a travel size shaving foam included as a gift, I used it once for shaving and used the rest to wash my hands and face. It had a wonderful scent and unlike the soaps and creams the scent lingered a decent amount of time, I was very surprised with that because even with the artisan soaps and creams the scent goes away after rinsing the face.

I always used Gillette branded gel, preferably the sensitive version. Never had a problem with it, not tried it with anything other than a Mach3 though!

View attachment 33167

This is exactly what I was doing shave-wise mate until getting more interested in vintage Gillette's, new DEs, soaps, creams etc.

I definitely enjoy shaving more now and even look forward to it, which previously I would have thought was a strange concept!

As a homage to this thread I borrowed Swambo's Edge sensitive gel this morning and with a Lidl twin blade mounted on a Nos Gillette Contour handle I am now cleaned looking ready to go to work. The result is on par with DE and took 5 minutes to complete. Nice

I had my TOBS mixed with the GFT but it's all YMMV on SOTD..

Back
Top Bottom