Best brush for £30

There isn't an advantage of boar over badger, it's usually the other way round. Badger is softer and holds more water. That's a slight generalisation but it's the 2 main differences in a nutshell.

Boar brushes are good lather generators, less good at retaining it in the knot. On the whole I far prefer badger with the exception of the Semogue 2009 LE, which is quite superb now that it has been thoroughly run in. I've been led to believe that the SOC brush uses the same hair, hence the mention for it.

monkeytennis said:
Is diamonds edge a good site to use? Just been looking and some very good prices. Very tempted to get the cased one! But maybe not this time!

Diamond Edge should be fine, never ordered from them myself but I know of others here who have, no issues whatsoever. They don't take PayPal, though.

There is also a Diamond Edge 10% off discount code for TSR members. I'm not sure if it's still active or not, you'll have to check.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=4709&highlight=diamond+edge+discount

You could be bold, adventurous and thoroughly sensible all at the same time and get a Vie Long horsehair brush from gifts and care dotcom (a Spanish site that I have used for quite a chunk of my kit). ... or a Tres Cavelles barber brush which might very well be a Vie Long knot anyway)

... and Juan is an hombre excelente to deal with, too.

The shipping seems expensive, but I have never waited a full week for any of my orders to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom