beebeautiful creams

Has anyone else tried these?

http://www.beebeautiful.org.uk/creams.html

I've just been using the Bee A Man Shaving cream, its quite nice. It has a strong lime smell. After using the TOBS Almond cream for about six months it's quite a change. The later isn't as thick, which was a bit of a shock on the first day, but it's not really a handicap. The thin later seems to do just as good a job and my bowl and razor are left sparklingly clean and not covered in gunk.

The wife has already started using the nectarine scented one, not had a go on it myself yet.

Interesting, not tried them. Both of the shave creams have Sorbitol in them. Does anyone know why shaving products would contain sorbitol? I thought it was an artificial sweetener used in toothpaste.

Well, everyday's a school day. I looked it up on Wiki and found that...

"A mixture of sorbitol and potassium nitrate has found some success as an amateur solid rocket fuel"

:icon_eek:

Lads at school used to make bean tin smoke bombs from garden fertiliser and sugar - bloody effective! I suppose sorbitol would be the 'skinny latte' version?

You can use salami too:

http://watchdocumentary.org/watch/mythbusters-s04e08-myths-reopened-video_2fb45f947.html

If you like myth busters, they're on freeview channel quest (38).

shiny said:
The nectarine one smells lovely, can;t seem to get a good lather from it though (It is very thin) , more practice needed methinks.

It does have a really strong sweet smell. They both have thinner lathers. The lime one isn't too thin though, the nectarine one is even thinner. I don't think the lime one is bad though. The lather doesn't leave much residue like other creams and soaps (from memory). The razor and bowl are left pretty much clean after use.

From my experience, just give the lime one a lot more stirring than you would normally and the lather lasts a little longer... That said I've found a couple of instances when I've had to go back to the brush because I notice the lather has disappeared from my mug.

Gave the nectarine one a go today. Found two things out. Firstly, nectarine to me, smells a lot like the bubblegum bottle sweets and secondly that by the time I finish my cheeks it's time to reapply neck and chin areas... not really a bad thing, but just something that is a minor irritation.

Back
Top Bottom