BBC Sports Personality of the year.

While shaving this morning I pondered on my voting intentions. from, in no particular order: Jessica, Ben, Chris, Mo and Bradley.

Before Saturday, Bradley was a shoe in. But now? Winning Le Tour was massive. But a 5K and 10K Golds under unbelievable pressure at an Olympic games against fierce competition with no help from anyone else during the event?

Not sure who I will vote for now. But I'm pretty sure who will win it anyway.

Hard to say who will win it so many to choose from i'd like to see the whole of team GB win it for there outstanding performance and making london 2012 the most enjoyable oylmpics i have seen to date...

For me personally Wiggins's achievement is the greatest (one Brit, ever, had done it, and he was comfortable), and he - like so many road cyclists - displays a particularly rich and interesting personality to the media, which is what it's supposed to be about as per the title.

I don't know who will win - Ennis? Farah?

Gawd only knows - my dad reckons they ought to forget about the individual award this year. Of course, they won't, but, after scoffing momentarily, I came round to the idea in principle. After all, it's not just the Olympians in the running, but, even if it were, who to go for? There are other choices than the obvious ones - though the sport itself doesn't captivate me, surely Ben Ainslie must get something for continuing his Olympic success trough to a fourth straight Games - then there were all the rowers to consider - especially Kath Grainger in the Women's Sculls, and three of the four Men's Coxless Four who'd previously won the Gold in Beijing. Not forgetting the boxers, either - first ever Women's Boxing Gold goes to a Brit. What about the track cyclists - the Real (Sir)McHoy again - Victoria Pendleton as she bowed-out, Laura Trott et al?

Bradley Wiggins, Le Tour has to be the most brutal, punishing event in just about any sport, it's a single event that's three weeks long for gwad's sake! For that alone he'd get my vote, but he also won Olympic TT gold, so yeah, it absolutely has to be Brad.

I too. think it will be Brad. And he will deserve it.

But the 105 seconds it took Mo to complete the last laps in the 5K and 10K in a cauldron of sound and emotion was one of the most thrilling things I've watched during my sporting life.

Some bookies have already paid out on Wiggins and are now taking bets without him included with Mo ahead of Jessica, then Chris and Andy Murray.

Overseas personality has to be Bolt with his double-treble and his whole persona. Phelps? Although his achievement is unlikely to be beaten any time soon, I ended up saying 'meh' a few times when he was winning yet another race.

Team? If 'Team GB' counts as a team then I think that is a no-brainer.

I wonder how long the show will be this year to fit it all in ... 5 hours?

Hasn't Chris Hoy won already??

For me - Mo>Jess>Ben>Bradley.

But only because I have heard that Bradley can be an arse. And its sports "personality", not sports "arse who did amazingly well".

Jess ahead of Ben even though Ben deserves serious recognition for his outstanding contribution to sport, just because I Jess's Abs are better to look at than Bens.

cruciate said:
Jess ahead of Ben even though Ben deserves serious recognition for his outstanding contribution to sport, just because I Jess's Abs are better to look at than Bens.

Ahem you should be ashamed of yourself I must admit I concur.:icon_razz::angel:

Mo is great, but he did get help from his American training partner in the 10k, and too many of his 'messages' are linked to sponsors.
Ben has shown amazing focus, but little accessible personality.
Jess is lovely, I've met and like her - will the ubiquitous billboards go against her?
Kath Grainger should win 'with most character', but personality?
Chris Hoy, Louis Smith and Nicola Adams - who could begrudge them?
Victoria Pendleton? It all came in a lump, if we had the chance to 'travel with her' - perhaps.
But for Paris-Nice, Romandie, Tdf, Olympic TT, setting up his Foundation to assist others, setting up his Sportive, being interesting, and most of all his four-letter tirade where "I didn't lose it, I told the truth" - and his lead out in Paris (Maillot Jeune - unique) and workrate for Cav in Road Race, and if you're a romantic, he has his kids names tatooed on his hands, so that when its really hurting, he need only look down to know why! Admits to previous cock-ups and helps other riders avoid them. If I say any more, I may stray to the other side of metrosexual!!!

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Back
Top Bottom