BBC Sports Personality of the year.

Fido said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_personality/15920702.stm

No contest. It has to be Mark Cavendish. No other nominee matches his achievements this year.

Assuming he doesn't fail a drug-test between now and then?

Fido said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_personality/15920702.stm

No contest. It has to be Mark Cavendish. No other nominee matches his achievements this year.

There is an English sportsman that deserves this 10 fold over Mark Cavendish or any other...
George Digweed MBE

His lifetime/Yearly achievements eclipse those of the heavily televised Sportsmen & Women.
This is also about "personality" and Mark Cavendish just doesn't come across as having one:)

I suspect most people at this point will be thinking "who's George Digweed"?
Do me a big favour and just spend 10 minutes on Google and YouTube having a look and the Man and his achievements, 18 World Championships!

Vote for George!!

I agree with Fido, Cavendish is an absolute monster and deserves this award, he's one of the only British cyclists ever to become a Tour de France legend, (you can count them on one hand), however with it being a less fashionable sport I guess half of Britain probably hasn't noticed.

Alastair Cook has had a super summer, he's my number two.

I'm not sure it's fair to say Cav doesn't have a personality, he's just quietly spoken and reserved with a wry sense of humour... in the last 300 metres of a stage he's ultra aggressive though, a beast.

Fair play to George Digweed for his achievements in his sport / pastime but he looks like he enjoys a pie and a pint once in a while. Or once every 20 minutes. Not sure that's really what this award is about otherwise Phil Taylor should probably have won it by now, I think it's implied that there should be some athleticism involved.

Though I don't care for cycling, I'd agree with Cavendish, though I'd love to see a posthumous award to Dan Wheldon to be accepted by his widow - he won the Indy 500 this year with a minnow of a team and it was his first Indycar race of the season, which was a tremendous achievement. Tragically, it was to be his last win.

I wouldn't bother voting, it'll be John Terry. He seems to be able to do whatever the f**k he likes without any consequences, so they'll hand him this on a silver platter.

Ian

is clay pigeon shooting classed as a sport? lol Ill admit that George looks like a fine athlete, obviously he dedicates a lot of time to diet and fitness, I bet he is out training on christmas day too.

Fido said:
Remember Chris Hoy? It should happen again.

I thought about that, successive Olympic glorys verses a green jersey? I'm not judging who's most deserving, just thinking about the demographic and who can vote and chat while still playing their sport.

On that basis I vote for Rory or Alex Higgin's.

Back
Top Bottom