Barrister and Mann - really that good?

I bought a couple recently, Leviathan and Seville via Maggard's.

I thought the performance was good but not staggeringly good.
I watch a lot of videos on YouTube and it gets universal praise, hence why I bought them.

I found the Leviathan scent (tobacco) very overpowering and not for me at all. I sold it onto @Blademonkey who loves it.
The Seville is nice enough with a bright citrus scent.

Would I buy anymore B&M? No. I find other soaps to perform better, including Saponifico Varesino, which performs (on all fronts) a lot better.

I have been using a new tub of B&M Seville, which uses their new & improved Glissant base, for a week now off & on and will state that I have never used a better soap and have used but a paltry few that work on the same plateau to be honest. For that matter, their economical Latha line actually equals the Seville re quality of shave, albeit sans the lanolin and the Glissant base which are said to aid easier lathering.

https://www.barristerandmann.com/co...ille-shaving-soap-essential-oil-fragrance-oil

I would strongly suggest picking up some samples from Shavedash before committing to a full tub of B&M. The scents are odd and very, very strong. I couldn't stand the scent of Lavanille and PIF'ed it after one use. I also have a tub of the B&M Figgy Pudding which smells like expensive ladies shampoo. Not a bad scent but not something I really want to shave with.

Really? Better than route 66 is supposed to be? I'm in the market, but want to try and get this one right.
Cheers,
J.
In my opinion, yes. It's all ultimately down to personal taste and, especially for this scent, what you believe is the most accurate Bay Rum scent - it can vary widely.
As well as B&M, my favourites are OSP (if he still does it), Stirling (very strong scent) and Kramperts (also strong, maybe overly so). For the UK I think OSP is the best, it's a pity he's stopped making it.

Back
Top Bottom