Barclays Premier League.

I'm not sure how Arsenal fans and manager alike are seeing 4th as a good result. With the talent in that squad, the style of play, and the stability of the coaching setup, not to mention the awesome first half of the season, I'm amazed they didn't end up anywhere near being final day contenders. I'd be gutted if I was an Arsenal fan with a distant 4th.

I was delighted with the Chelsea result, and I fancy Palace for a wee upset tomorrow. One thing's for sure it's been an amazing season full of drama, far better than the United procession of recent years. Oh yeah, United, forgot about them. What are they now, 7th, 8th? Amusing.

Us getting 4th is more of a relief than something that's seen as a "good season". I do agree though we expect more from the squad, Ramsey was injured for a large part of the season and we lost Walcott as well earlier in the year, not saying its an excuse but you can see from the results when Ramsey was playing we do better. I expect more from Ozil next season, and hopefully someone to compete with Giroud up front.

If you look at the table we are only 4 points off the top with 1 game to play, although City have a game in hand. Its the closest to the top we've been than previous seasons and I believe this season is our highest ever points tally?

Yeah that's fair, I suppose it's not that bad a finish when you take that into account.
Injuries can cost, Suarez has been injury free all season but if City had Aguero injury free I believe it would have been over two weeks ago. That's just how it falls.

Funny to see you calling us wankchester shitty scum. I'm not sure how we're scum. Or shitty. Pretty good from what I can see.

I'm no big fan of the Arse to be honest, but I don't reckon they've underachieved.

They need more investment in the squad, certainly in the forward line.

Lol, understood, I can appreciate the Nasri thing to some extent.
You certainly could do with another world class striker next year, you're missing van Persie. Not that he's helped the disaster at the swamp this year.

Great defence from Norwich yesterday to give them a chance of staying up, they didn't get their penalty at Chelsea and we got ours. We should still stay up as it's in our hands to get one point from 2 home matches so if we do go down we can't have anyone else to blame. The Spanish League looks like having an interesting finish too.

The Mackem Shaver said:
Great defence from Norwich yesterday to give them a chance of staying up, they didn't get their penalty at Chelsea and we got ours. We should still stay up as it's in our hands to get one point from 2 home matches so if we do go down we can't have anyone else to blame. The Spanish League looks like having an interesting finish too.

Amazing turn around from you lot. If all things were equal it would be a toss up between Gus and Pulis for manager of the year.

Tall_Paul said:
The Mackem Shaver said:

Amazing turn around from you lot. If all things were equal it would be a toss up between Gus and Pulis for manager of the year.

In terms of the squad he has to work with it's Pulis by a mile - although I'm happy at what Poyet has done. My prediction that he would have Sunderland out of the bottom three by Christmas was a bit off though.

UKRob said:
Tall_Paul said:
The Mackem Shaver said:

In terms of the squad he has to work with it's Pulis by a mile - although I'm happy at what Poyet has done. My prediction that he would have Sunderland out of the bottom three by Christmas was a bit off though.

Yeah, it would have to be Pullis as Poyet made some strange decisions and let things slip after the League Cup final. Although if Liverpool win the title it will be Rodgers.

Canuck said:
Lol, understood, I can appreciate the Nasri thing to some extent.
You certainly could do with another world class striker next year, you're missing van Persie. Not that he's helped the disaster at the swamp this year.

Yeah, he's a proper scumbag, good player though, on his day.

Yeah, would have liked to have seen Higuain sign for us instead of Napoli and if the Suarez bid ever got anywhere then think what our striking options would have been like, service from Ozil/Cazorla/Walcott, feeding combinations of himself and Giroud.

Dunno how much resemblance Loic Remy's presence in the Emirates crowd yesterday had either, good talent but we need someone with better consistent quality.

Back
Top Bottom