Barcelona

No but watch out for pickpockets it’s horrendous there!!
This is also my experience, a common scenario is for pickpockets to work in twos. One person stands in front of the target, another behind, the one in front steps backwards as the other dips into a picket or bag.

El Cortes Ingles main store carries a fair range of shaving & grooming products, good for domestic and Portuguese brands. They normally have Vie-Long brushes as well. Basic stuff ie La Toja, Lea sticks, Floid aftershave will be cheaper in the supermarket in the basement.

Saludos - I.

Again thank you all for all the good tips regarding shaving related places / shops to visit in Barcelona. We had a nice trip and I would like to give some feedback.
The large department stores like El Corte Ingles had only the new stuff from the King Gillette line, otherwise nothing. At small local supermarkets, Lea and La Toia products were available cheap.
Ganiveteria Roca in the city center is a cool oldfashion shop, very classy. Got some Vie Long soap there a long with some soaps from Portugal.

Highlight was a visit a Laboratorio Myrsol. Located in an unspectacular house in a suburb north of city center, the Myrsol shop is truely a timecapsule with very nice people to talk with,. Got a good selection of aftershaves and soaps there. Here some impressions…

3FC2D6D5-CD86-4321-B5E4-C8DBA2BD99E3.jpg

837C1626-AF80-496D-9897-99C441DD55E2.jpg

33F52304-92F8-4CAF-A0F1-564DE0F6CB50.jpg

465905F2-B3D3-4029-859C-B8DF13D72126.jpg

DBC8F93D-B061-43C8-BBEF-2FCDDE59D803.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

@motto

It's disappointing to learn about the lack of products for sale in El Cortes Ingles. Did you check in the supermarket section? Granted, I haven't been in one for three years. It had been going more and more mainstream as the years passed - but sad if the axe has finally fallen. Thanks for the info. I'll stick to SuperSol in the future and their excellent 2,50 euro aftershave. I can be of much more help if you go to Madrid.:) - I.

El Cortes Ingles main store carries a fair range of shaving & grooming products, good for domestic and Portuguese brands. They normally have Vie-Long brushes as well. Basic stuff ie La Toja, Lea sticks, Floid aftershave will be cheaper in the supermarket in the basement.

Saludos - I.

@motto

It's disappointing to learn about the lack of products for sale in El Cortes Ingles. Did you check in the supermarket section? Granted, I haven't been in one for three years. It had been going more and more mainstream as the years passed - but sad if the axe has finally fallen. Thanks for the info. I'll stick to SuperSol in the future and their excellent 2,50 euro aftershave. I can be of much more help if you go to Madrid.:) - I.
Yes, I was at the large El Corte Ingles at Plaza Catalunya. Checked both the cosmetics department on groundfloor and the supermarket in the basement. Found the King Gillette stuff in the cosmetic department while there was only cartrige-style shaving gear in the supermarket.
On the other hand, the small local supermarkets still had some spanish products at reasonable prices.

Yes, I was at the large El Corte Ingles at Plaza Catalunya. Checked both the cosmetics department on groundfloor and the supermarket in the basement. Found the King Gillette stuff in the cosmetic department while there was only cartrige-style shaving gear in the supermarket.
On the other hand, the small local supermarkets still had some spanish products at reasonable prices.
Thanks. That is a shame. - I.

Back
Top Bottom