Barbicide - Anyone use it ?

I have used it on the vintage Gillette razors I have purchased off the bay, used as per instructions and it doesn't seem to have done any harm to them.

Jim

I use it for a belt and braces disinfect when I buy used razors. No need to use it for regular cleaning unless you share your razors with a lot of other people!

So where do you folks buy it from ?

Am glad others use it I was worried i was being over careful.

I am watching a Barbicide jar on the bay. not sure what it will make, also will need some babicide.

Also should look cool in the bathroom :D

I buy mine from a beautician supply store (Sally's in the US). Any barber or beauticians store should have it, along with the fancy jars.
I also use Hydrocide which is the same but less expensive.

[attachment=12151]
On Amazon.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414514536.547377.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414514536.547377.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 31
Watch out for aluminium razors though. Had two bad experiences. One i didn't know barbicide would damage it and the other it didn't look like aluminium. Eyes peeled.
Apart from that feel better about thoroughly cleaning vintage razors when using it

I'm curious - what does 'barbicide' do that your standard disinfectant doesn't? You can buy a 'dettol' substitute in B&M for 49p for 500ml that kills 99.9% of all germs. Does Barbicide get that pesky remaining 0.1%?

Back
Top Bottom