Barber pics

This is usually a stressful time for me. Following Pompey and Man U.

Well Pompey won last night and Man U are 7-0 up. So I'm quite relaxed with my late afternoon whisky.

Thought I'd post this pic. Must be a few others on the same topic?

CleanShave-w600x400-1.jpg

Wow..thats an amazing place..just the colors themselves are worth walking into and browsing about!...and the million dollar question is (drumroll).....
"Do they use straight razors".. :lol:
I asked that because here in California it isnt legal to use ANY real straight razor yet disposable Shavettes are fine...due to sanitary restrictions and EVERYTHING has to be soaked in Barbisol disinfectants liquid which would kill any straight razor..too bad proven alternatives wouldnt be accepted either by the States here

B

I don't know!

I found it here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cruiseweb.com/RCI-INDEPENDENCE-PHOTO-GALLERY-29.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cruiseweb.com/RCI-INDEPENDEN ... ERY-29.HTM</a><!-- m -->

A week ago I was at Duke University campus, in Durham, NC. A day before I left the place, I went over to the Uni's barber shop, located in a basement next to the Student Union.

Three senior barbers were there: one with full white hair, very clean cut and shaved himself, around 65 years old, who was grooming very slowly but diligently a middle-aged gentleman. The second one was an African American, who must have been at least 75 years old, with very respectful attitude and slightly shaken hands. He was the one who gave a haircut (with "short no. 4" size comb on the electric trimmer, if I remember correctly.) Last but not least, another 65-70 year old man, who came to me and offered to give me a haircut as I was next in line.

No hair shower (pre or post), typically classic barber shop haircut procedure with the result being fine and the customary mirror-around-my-neck display after we're done, in order to verify that the sides and back are cut short enough. While I was having my hair cut, I was looking on the white-haired barber next to me who diligently took care of his client's white beard, using the trimmer. Southern music was playing on the radio, and occasionally the two Caucasian barbers were talking to each other.

Pity I had neither my camera nor my mobile phone there with me. I have a thing with scenes, and this one will certainly stay with me, though it doesn't really represent something special or extraordinary, albeit a $18 modest haircut in a place I may never in my remaining life visit again.

As they had some items for sale as well, namely Paul Mitchell products, I took the opportunity to get a 200ml gel for $8 and a 'Thai deodorant' for $4 (shown below in the little red velvet pouch, the alum cube being an inch per side.) Not bad, though the haircut was not that cheap (same job reportedly costs him $14 in California, and over there things are much more expensive.)

IMG_1419.jpg

Back
Top Bottom