Barbaros and Rocnel: Adjustable razor

I'm guessing the interchangeable handle bit is the way the razor has been designed from the pic's i've seen of it being taken apart the handle will not be fixed to the head so it should allow for a different handle to be used but as the adjustment markings are on the handle this will be an issue unless they are willing to make handles of different length...

That's kind of what I got out of it. They would be the ones to make the different length handles like the Merkur Progress (except you just need to buy a handle instead of another razor) and so I could not use my favorite Ikon 90mm on it.

Phil @ Bullgoose Shaving is getting a prototype and will have a pass around. It wouldn't surprise me if he became a US distributor.

He posted pics on his FB page and I believe on one of the other sites he was in public conversation with the Barbaros folks indicating he would like to be the US distributor. If it means the folks in the US don't have to deal with Extrashaving, that would definitely be a positive.

He posted pics on his FB page and I believe on one of the other sites he was in public conversation with the Barbaros folks indicating he would like to be the US distributor. If it means the folks in the US don't have to deal with Extrashaving, that would definitely be a positive.

Not sure Phil would be a step up from anything.
Would be nice if @theunnamed would pick someone like Maggards razors.

Members are welcome to share experiences of dealing with companies, be those experiences good or bad. If the shared experience is bad then it must be true and verifiable.

That's a healthy attitude as many forums (not just shaving releated) simply take the easy road and permit no "airing of dirty laundry" as oft times they can turn into "he said/she said" pi_ _ ing matches unless closely monitored.

Gentlemen, i see there are concerns about B&R Adjustable. There are 2 prototypes. One of them is in USA right now.

I can send the other one to TSR members, if a mod/admin may organize it.

About the price and availability, there are still uncertainities about that and we are working on them.

its a very easy design. hard part is getting the tolerances right.

personally I am slightly wary of some of the razors being put out into the wild these days. A lot of issues never seem to be recognized first.

If the price is right, but if it's too much I think I'm sitting this one out. I have been chasing the perfect razor for a long time, I must stop at some point specially if it's going to break the bank again.

Back
Top Bottom