August 2017 Acquisitions

I have this Italian cream which I am using off and on since 2014 it is a touch mentolated and cologne scented, there is a black version as well which I might get once I finish the original.
Where is the best place to buy other versions of Denim cream? I like their aftershaves and Denim Black is nice as well.

First gillette adjustable a Fatboy F2 it was a mess when I got it this morning, cleaned it up and it's incredible the difference will shave with it tomorrow with my new TOBS Platinum soap look out in the SOTD threads tomorrow.

Hi there,

No idea what method for cleaning you used but yeah, those old things can really shine after getting rid of the whiskers and tarnish....heh. Some polish called Maas is excellent for removing the deeper dirt with no damage to the finish on those. You would be amazed at the black residue on the cleaning cloth when applying it. Someplace in the UK sells it I think.

Also, mineral oil's great for general lubing of moving parts.

Congrats on the new addition to your arsenal,

Martin

Hi there,

No idea what method for cleaning you used but yeah, those old things can really shine after getting rid of the whiskers and tarnish....heh. Some polish called Maas is excellent for removing the deeper dirt with no damage to the finish on those. You would be amazed at the black residue on the cleaning cloth when applying it. Someplace in the UK sells it I think.

Also, mineral oil's great for general lubing of moving parts.

Congrats on the new addition to your arsenal,

Martin
Hello, thanks yes I couldn't believe just how shiny it can get even after 50 odd years, the method I used was simply very warm water in mild dish soap various soaks for various times and an old toothbrush that is all I also partially disassembled it as it has the service notches so it is spotless inside and out and in superb condition original plating only 3 or 4 plate loss spots on the TTO handle but the rest of the plating is intact, mega chuffed!

Back
Top Bottom