Aquisitions nov 1- nov 30

Received this vintage Simplex.
There were a number of Simplex companies around last century but as this one is stamped both "Stainless Steel" and "USA" I think it's relatively safe to associate it with Simplex out of NY and to date it to somewhere between 1935-1945.
I really like the shape of the handle and the stainless steel (which seems to be the handle and baseplate) gives a very nice weight and feel to the razor.

IMG_4288_zpsmryfde15.jpg

IMG_4290_zpsohmqe7z7.jpg

It reminds me a little bit about Wolfman's WRH7 handle:
jt3y3m.jpg

Last edited:
Received a very dirty but functionally/mechanically very sound Gillette Sheraton.
25s0ms5.jpg

I have a Sheraton in excellent condition, however I do not like how they shave. Just a tad too aggressive for me.

On another note, Darkbulb do you have Made in England Gillette Super-Speed (not the Rocket mind you)? One just went on Ebay for $68 American. First one I have ever seen for sale as they are not common.

On another note, Darkbulb do you have Made in England Gillette Super-Speed (not the Rocket mind you)? One just went on Ebay for $68 American. First one I have ever seen for sale as they are not common.

I don't think I do - I think the ones I have are all some version of Aristocrat, Aristocrat Jr, Rocket, etc. Nicely spotted.

I think the Sheraton is a pretty decent razor but then again I do like more aggressive razors :)

Back
Top Bottom