AOS Sandalwood

pem

Bought a tub of this about 6 years ago when I started DE, used it a few times but gave up because it gave me spots, concentrated on the lavender and lemon creams which were excellent, recently dug it out and tried it again, still smells great, lovely lather giving an excellent shave, my skin must have calmed down too because it hasn't reacted this time.

Really rate AOS creams, shame the stuff is so expensive. Any other recommendations for sandalwood creams?

Simon

You could do worse than giving Proraso Red a go. It isn't on the same level as AOS from a scent perspective (although I really like it) but it's every bit as good in terms of performance and I don't find it irritates at all.

I used to have a tub of the AOS Sandalwood cream and it was very nice. It's got the longest lingering scent of any soap or cream that I have every tried.

Ian

sandalwood creams I tried so far; Tobs, GF Trumper, and proraso red. I think they all smell good especially first two. Hard soap; EJ sandalwood that is nice as well. Vulfix does sandalwood cream as well but I haven't tried it

pem said:
Bought a tub of this about 6 years ago when I started DE, used it a few times but gave up because it gave me spots,

Really rate AOS creams, shame the stuff is so expensive. Any other recommendations for sandalwood creams?

Simon

Hi Simon,

Good thing you hung onto that stuff. I'm pretty sure all the creams were reformulated a few years back and I guess the old version's better. I know each sandalwood version hits my schnoze differently.

Years ago I was convinced the AOS creams were the best. Even liked em more than DR Harris and the lemon was my favorite. Heh, the sandalwood gave me some kinda reaction, which almost never happens. However, the scent used for that product was a very pure single note EO, and nothing else. No floral or powdery notes added to the mix.......just straight ahead sandalwood. And I mean the good, expensive sandalwood EO. Actually, it was a little too much for me. I sniffed some new stuff maybe a year ago and it ain't the same.

The AOS tub was always cheaper than Trumpers and T&H. Usta be $22 but maybe it's a little more now. As you might know, the cream was made in Yankeetown USA.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom