Anyone notice anything different?

I had no intention of ever changing my avatar, however, following the appearence of a certain Miss Pitstop I think I may use this Avatar for a little while. However my old one will return at some point just in case anyone forgets who I am.

I don't think I can change my name from Flatfish. Besides I can't exactly call myself "Fantasy woman" or anything similar. Don't worry, the Flatfish avatar will return.

Smell The Glove said:
Totally inappropriate.

Your avatar is obviously not flat. And where does the fish come into the equation?
:lol:

Nice one Glove!!

I wonder if Flatfish is still having problems with his shelving. He's certainly got a very nice rack that would do the job. You could fit a Fatboy in there somewhere too.

I'm learning to cope with the shelving. Everything is at a 45 degree angle because the shelves in the cabinet are not tall enough. A packet of blades did fall out this morning and go down the toilet which had to be manually extracted. Urgh.

On a positive DIY note. I have a Honda lawnmower and on the weekend I ran over a very large piece of wood which bent and jammed the blade. Using a spanner a hammer and some oil I managed to remove the blade and unattach the offending piece of wood. At which point the blade returned to its normal shape and I was able to reattach it with ease. There was no cross threading of any nuts, the blade didn't have to be bent back into shape, it didn't blow up or catch fire or do anything else that happens whenever I try to do DIY.
Following this morale boosting experience I've come to the conclusion that everything in the world no matter what it is should be made by Honda. If my coat hooks and bathroom cabinet were made by Honda I would have no troubles.

Flatfish said:
I'm learning to cope with the shelving. Everything is at a 45 degree angle because the shelves in the cabinet are not tall enough. A packet of blades did fall out this morning and go down the toilet which had to be manually extracted. Urgh.

Oh dear, were they good blades or just bog-standard?

Perhaps closing the lid of the bog is in order... then at least it would have bounced off rather than get waved off to the coast...

I'll stick to my Husqvarna mower (with the Briggs Engine) - same engine that's on my generator for when Scottish Power Energy Networks go to sleep in the winter, for ultimate spare part readiness (since the generator only gets used in winter and the mower in summer).

Pig Cat said:
Flatfish said:

Oh dear, were they good blades or just bog-standard?
tumbleweedm.jpg

God loves a trier though ;)

Was it the first Honda Benly back in the sixties which was alleged to come with the introductory phrase in the maintenance handbooki, "Maintenanace of Japanese motorcycle call for great tranquillity of soul" ?

JohnnyO. :geek:

Some long term members seem to have been confused by my avatar change and have asked me to introduce myself. I worried that might happen. To prevent confusion I have decided to revert back to my old avatar which we are all familiar with.
Its a good job I didn't use a picture of Bugs Bunny in a skirt. It might have been too much for a certain fan of the Cadburys Caramel rabbit.

Hi Sharon; welcome to TSR! It might interest you to know we already have a resident soapmaker called Shar....oh....it's you. I see what you've done there.

(BTW, the soap works very well.)

Back
Top Bottom