Anyone have a HTC One M8 mobile phone?

My 2 years with my Samsung Note 2 is up soon and i'm looking for something different (I know the Note 4 is out soon). Really don't fancy an iPhone, had 2 of them in the past and they were great at the time but I think there is better out there.

I really fancy the HTC based PURELY on how it looks and feels in the hand!! Does anyone have one?

I have one fella after 10 years plus of Apple, go for it you won't regret it, best phone I've owned.

Side note the rubber cover that comes with it is useful and a nice touch by HTC but wears out and looks shabby quickly. I bought the dot matrix cover for looks and it's precisely that function wise it can be tedious in that it flips back if not held.

Get one ASAP. I've had the One M8 for 4 months and it is a fantastic piece of kit. I have a work supplied iPhone 5 as well and there is no comparison for me. Both the HTC and Android OS are miles ahead. Invest in the dot matrix cover as well. You won't regret it.

Re: RE: Anyone have a HTC One M8 mobile phone?

mr..bean said:
Thanks Nishy, I think i'm gonna go for it. I just love the look and to have an actual metal case is a huge plus!
Hi Mr Bean do you have a metal case already?

To be more specific what I found best is the fact the HTC is much more customisable than the iPhone. You can literally modify any part of the operating system and Android encourage this, with the iPhone you need to jailbreak your phone to apply similar features. However, without getting into a big iPhone/android debate the pro regarding the iPhone is ios as an operating system being easier to use.

I have got one as well and after a couple of months (and one trip to the repair shop)........
Good points,
Great Screen colours are nice and bright without being to false (saturated).
Front facing speakers they are the best sounding speakers on any phone I have had.
U.I is easy to grasp ( I had an iPhone 4s before)
HTC encourage you to unlock the phone should you want to customise it.
Google voice commands work, where Siri struggled sometimes
Battery life is good enough for me and the charge time is quick.
I like the phone construction and feel in the hand.
Nice clean home screen not up cluttered with apps
HTC Sense is useful once set up properly
Camera is not as bad as some people say, its good enough for instant shots. If you want to take portrait shots you will need a camera.
Low light shots however are better that my previous phone.
decent amount of free Google Drive space is included with the phone..........think mine is 100gb

Bad points, bit difficult
Having a large size screen means a large phone, so it can be a PIA to fit in your pocket.
Screen can sometimes be a bit too sensitive for me.
Mine is on roaming all the time and it sometimes gets hot enough to be uncomfortable.

Think I may be on my own here but I think the Dot Matrix case is a bit gimicky. Its a PIA to use as it tries to close all the time and it offers poor protection for the phone. Mine got replaced within a few days with a leather case that doubles as a stand and protects the phone much better. I can deal with opening the case to see what notification I have and to answer calls.

All in all a great phone.

Thanks fellas, great advice. When my phone is due a change I always like to try something new. Coming from a Samsung Note 2 I will probably be okay with a larger screen size!

I am very pally with Android but to be honest I have even used it, it feels so nice in the hand with the metal body (sorry Nishy, that's what I meant!)

No probs Mr Bean best casing around imo , I agree with missing skin the case is gimmicky being an app hopefully more features than just the new background patterns and last called will become available. But I think for 30 quid (at time of purchase) it's a waste of money. Great phone and all my SOTD pics are taken with the camera so quality is hopefully there to see.

I was looking at the HTC as I feel like a change from Apple but I got an invite for one of these so ordered the 64gb one http://oneplus.net/uk
Been using iPhones for years so will be new experience going over to android, if I don't like it I'll sell it and buy the iPhone 6 plus and if I do like like it I'll probably sell it and get an iPhone 6 plus :icon_razz: or not lol

Re: RE: Anyone have a HTC One M8 mobile phone?

tonyspurs said:
I was looking at the HTC as I feel like a change from Apple but I got an invite for one of these so ordered the 64gb one http://oneplus.net/uk
Been using iPhones for years so will be new experience going over to android, if I don't like it I'll sell it and buy the iPhone 6 plus and if I do like like it I'll probably sell it and get an iPhone 6 plus :icon_razz: or not lol

That is a very nice phone.
Unfortunately they don't do a Dual SIM version otherwise I would have bought one.

I'm looking at the S5 duos.
Anyone got one?

Got my M8 today, great piece of kit, really, really pleased with it. Looking at the iPhone 6 spec I can't believe that Apple get away with this anymore!?

This is quite funny! And true!

http://www.androidheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/iphone_6_welcome-to-2012_image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom