Any Wine Experts here ?

I always remember being told by a vinter, that a very good wine can be spoilt by being moved too often and not allowed to settle before being drunk, and similarly a cheap wine can be made all the better for sitting down for a good few weeks.

Isn't it all about the way it's been stored as well? Changes in temperature, as would be experienced storing a wine in a typical house, can spoil a wine. Isn't that why it's typically stored in cellars, where the temperature is more regulated.

If it's worth that much Steve and you're no big wine buff, then I'd sell it off and put the money towards something you'd appreciate more.

It was stored for years in a storage cupboard in the dark on it's side in a wine rack, then when i moved into my place it has been stored the same way.......

Would sell it, but sell it where...that's the problem, cant sell on flea bay as it's alcohol.....suppose i could join a wine forum i guess but it's awkward as alarm bells would start ringing if i just rolled up and wanted to sell a pricey bottle of plonk, same as alarm bells ring here when a new member posts on the B/S/T

There must be a fair few wine merchants down London way, could give a few of them a call, explain the situation and see if they're interested in taking it off your hands.

yeah good idea, i gould do with some money to repair the damage someone caused sliding into my car a little while ago and didn't stop to even say sorry :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sunburyboy93 said:
yeah good idea, i gould do with some money to repair the damage someone caused sliding into my car a little while ago and didn't stop to even say sorry :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That's disappointing, a lot on inconsiderate people out there.

Let us know how you get on with it mate.

IanM said:
Given that you have not drunk the wine but kept it, did you have a feeling when it was given to you that it was good quality?

Ian

Yeah the £180 per bottle invoice that was with it back in 1998 told me to look after both bottles. :D

to be fair i'm not one of those that appreciates the history and complexity blah blah etc etc that goes with wine, i like a nice drop of Shiraz if we are having roast or a nice Chardonnay any night of the week and that's it, can't be bothered with all the old b******s wine snobbery that goes with it all :D

sunburyboy93 said:
Would sell it, but sell it where...that's the problem, cant sell on flea bay as it's alcohol.....suppose i could join a wine forum i guess but it's awkward as alarm bells would start ringing if i just rolled up and wanted to sell a pricey bottle of plonk, same as alarm bells ring here when a new member posts on the B/S/T

I don't think that's a problem at all.

One of many...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bidforwine.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bidforwine.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->

Check commission rates.

Back
Top Bottom