Any Tips For Head Shaving With Shavette/SR/Kamisori etc

saj

hey so i used shavette to shave most my head

first time i used the dovo shavette, i really loved it and enjoyed it but it does take more time then a safety razor

anyways wanted to ask if theres any tips for head shaving with a shavette/sr/kamisori you guys could share?

Honestly, buy a Skullshaver, I have used several brands but the skullshaver knocks them out the park, it is sooo fast and gives a very very close head shave in 90 seconds, also use on face if you want,,,wet or dry or with a lather.

Bob.

I've never used a Shavette or a straight for my head/dome shaving as @PLANofMAN has state, "Straights & Shavettes are for someone who has the shaving knowledge & experience to do so without causing unnecessary major harm to your head. My advice to you is try a Injector razor, or for a safe acceptable comfortable head shave try the Gillette Guard.

It has a pivoting head is open comb with a large gap between the single blade and comb so the lather passes through the gap making it not clog and easy to rinse out. The razor is extremely light, but the handle is very long so it'll fit most hands. It shaves like a injector razor (if a Injector had an open comb tilting head) is very nimble and easy to manoeuvre in tight spots. Over the last month I've used mine for my head shaves with acceptable results

Regards- B.

Last edited:
I've never used a Shavette or a straight for my head/dome shaving as @PLANofMAN has state, "Straights & Shavettes are for someone who has the shaving knowledge & experience to do so without causing unnecessary major harm to your head. My advice to you is try a Injector razor, or for a safe acceptable comfortable head shave try the Gillette Guard.

It has a pivoting head is open comb with a large gap between the single blade and comb so the lather passes through the gap making it not clog and easy to rinse out. The razor is extremely light, but the handle is very long so it'll fit most hands. It shaves like a injector razor (if a Injector had an open comb tilting head) is very nimble and easy to manoeuvre in tight spots. Over the last month I've used mine for my head shaves with acceptable results

Regards- B.
It's not open comb, but...Screenshot_2023-05-24-21-09-52-93_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

I splashed out on a Pitbull head shaver after going through two Remington ones in a year,,,,they are useless, the Pitbull one is really good, it takes 2 mins to shave my head,

I shave with a straight my face for more then 10 years and my head i do sometimes since 4 years now, my main shaver for my heas is my Leaf razor with 2 slots occopied.

When i do straight shave my head i use a round point razor and i hold it like i would with kamasori handgripop on top and the sides only reverting to a normal grip on the back, i am wearing glasses so around my ears i useally just finish with a DE because i cant see properly so dont want to knick myself there.

I normally only have to do 1 pass from the front to the back (the top and sides) and on the back of my head only from down to the top
just relax and use the proper angle.

It takes me about 5 to 10 minutes more then with only using my Leaf razor but I only do it on a Lazy Sunday not for a workday shave so that is not a problem

I've shaved my head since I was 17 years old (that's 35 years) and have tried everything from a Feather AC DX and baby oil to Veet

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with anything other than the latest Gillette system and gel/foam

It's just too much of a faff and seriously not worth the effort

If you want to turn shaving into a hobby then spend the time, money and effort on the face

Back
Top Bottom