Any suggestions for a good lime balm

Like it says on the tin, anyone got some recommendations for a nice lime scented aftershave balm ?

Balms which I like include Proraso, Dermalogica for men and TOBS 'Luxury Aftershave Gel' (I like the last one a lot but they don't do a lime flavour).

I don't like greasy stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Castle Forbes Lime balm is superb. Can't believe no one has mentioned it here yet!! It's not greasy at all and gets absorbed easily on my skin.

Trumpers skin food is great and has a nice sealing effect on your face, stops any bleeding for me too. Their lime scent is more subtle and natural.

For pure lime fragrance I like T&H West Indian Limes balm. That is a very sweet and synthetic lime fragrance that is a delight to use. T&H balm is your run of the mill balm though. So it all depends on what performance you want and whether you prefer natural fragrance or sweeter, stronger fragrance.

For the limes I'd go T&H :icon_razz:

Edit: Trumpers skin food feels like it almost 'hardens' on your face and T&H is thin and absorbs quickly so neither are greasy.

Many thanks men.

I am already a fan of the GFT Skin Food. I find it a good skin conditioner but lacks a little 'oomph' as a post shave product though - not enough astringency or something perhaps ?

I have tried unsuccessfully to contact the Professor.

I think I will give the Castle Forbes balm a whirl.

Cheers again gents.

I can confuse you a but more by adding Crabtree and Evelyn lime balm to the mix. Thicker and creamier than the skin food, but I really like it.

You can't go wrong with CF Limes. Just be sure not to apply too much and be careful not to spread it on areas where the skin doesn't have beard growth. It's a little sensitive on me although I do have the Lavender.

Back
Top Bottom