Another setback

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've had a hip fracture. I'm back at home with two screws in it to hold it together while it heals, but, fortunately, I shold be starting a five-year course of medication soon which is known to increase bone mineral density and reduce fracture rates (which I need, as this is my third this year after 13 years fracture-free prior to that). I did have a chance to have a wet shave in hospital yeaterday morning, though - Muhle Silvertip Fbre synthetic, Palmolive stick, and my '50s Rocket HD with a Gillette Green blade. Not bad at all in the circumstances!

Sorry to hear m8, hope the density incremental treatment is effective for you. Hope a good, wet shave helped to perk up an otherwise rubbish hospital day. Amazing how sometimes the most mundane things can mean a lot in hard circumstances. Stay good.

Johnny o/

Thanks for the best wishes. For anyone wondering, I have a subcapital fracture of the left femur, right near the tip of the ball and socket joint, which has been fixed (in the sense of being held together) by cannulated scews. I'll have an appointment around the 14th to check the wound, and will have an x-ray at the six week mark to decide whether I can apply my (always limited) pressure through that eg (i.e. so that the fracture has acheived successful union).

Hey Chris,

Just saw your post and wanted to wish you the very best for a speedy recovery.

Hope that you get some really good news when they check on your progress and that you get a barrel full of good luck buddy.

Cheers,

Jay

Back
Top Bottom