Another bad batch of Ingram?

Re: RE: Another bad batch of Ingram?

barry44 said:
Gents, I picked up a tube of this today and was wondering if you could describe, or pay a photo of the faulty cream as I may also have some of the batch and not know it

If it's normal, it should squeeze out like the Palmolive cream or soft toothpaste.

If it's a bad batch, it will pour out of the tube without you squeezing it.

Usually, if you shake a closed tube, you can tell it's faulty if you can hear it sloshing around inside.

barry44 said:
Many thanks. Just had a shake and it sounds fine

As far as I'm aware, it's not a fault of the batch per se, rather the conditions in which it is kept and shipped. Ingrams has a tendency to separate at even moderate temperatures. It's what makes it a unique cream for lathering (better than Proraso, some would argue), but much less tolerant to warm environments.

Another note with Ingrams is to use more of the cream, and less water than you would with other creams/soaps. It's pretty much ready to lather straight out of the tube.

I had bought a cream when I was in the UK and it seemed fine, even shaved with it a couple of times.

I opened it today and it was watery, probably because of the Greek summer. Will probably put it in the fridge to see if it goes back to normal.

bought a tube yesterday watery again - found the best way is to soak the bush, shake the excess out and just squeeze some into the brush and face lather

usable but annoying all the same

My cream is watery. It sits on my cabnet beside my sink so basically room temperature.

I use it regularly with no problems. As mentioned before I just pour the liquid into a damp brush and face lather and get a think creamy lather with loads of slip.

Uncle Bertie said:
My experience too, but it doesn't stop it working well and feeling very slick.

Absolutely. I got one sloshy tube, and two good ones that Ingrams sent me when i emailed them.

All of them work great once lathered up in a bowl.

Also, is essential as part of my summer face-freezer setup:

Dr Bronner's peppermint soap
Ingrams
Alcolado Glacial

Last tube I bought (47 shaves ago) was OK for first shave or two then watery. I emailed company asking if they'd changed formulation. I got a standard sorry for your problem email and they sent me 2 more tubes. I'm still on the dodgy tube, though I've had no problems with it as a shaving cream, still works well, it's been mixed, mostly runny but sometimes fine. Still works, it's just tricky sometimes to judge quantity. Will open one of the replacement tubes in a day or so I expect.

Why they haven't reformulated Ingrams is one of the biggest mysteries of UK wet shaving. They must get half of what they sell sent back. Bad business sense... clearly a problem at point of production.

Back
Top Bottom